The red Nikon COOLPIX S6500 Digital Camera is a point-and-shoot with a 16MP CMOS image sensor that enables you to capture low-light shots without a flash. When the light is just too low, the built-in flash is there to provide extra illumination. The camera also has a 3.0" LCD with HVGA resolution. The 12x zoom NIKKOR glass lens covers a wide-angle to telephoto effective focal length range of 4.5-54.0mm, equivalent to 25-300mm in 35mm format. This makes it great for group shots, close-up portraits, and everything in-between. Lens-shift Vibration Reduction helps keep every shot steady, even if your hands are not, by compensating for camera shake. Maximum ISO sensitivity is 3200.
Built-in Wi-Fi enables you to share your photos and videos quickly and easily via the Internet. Instantly send photos and videos to your compatible smartphone, tablet or other Wi-Fi-enabled device. Then, email or upload to your favorite social media or photo album sites.
Hold down the shutter button to shoot in continuous mode at up to 7fps to freeze motion without blur--ensuring you don't miss those shots from fast-action sequences. Capture Full HD 1080p video with stereo sound, as well.
Subject Tracking automatically locks onto a moving subject and keeps it in focus until you're ready to take the shot. Motion Detection helps you produce sharper results by automatically selecting a faster shutter speed and higher ISO (light sensitivity) setting to compensate for subject movement or camera shake.
The Smart Portrait System activates Face Priority AF, Skin Softening, Blink Warning and more for ideal portraits. A catalogue of 20 Scene Modes, such as Beach, Snow, Night Portrait, and Sunset, are ready to go instantly: just select the one you want and the camera will automatically use the appropriate settings to get the best shot. You can also choose Scene Auto Selector and let the camera pick the right mode for you.
- 3.0" LCD Monitor
- Large 3.0" TFT LCD screen has a resolution of 460,000 pixels and features 5-level brightness adjustment. Coverage is 96% both horizontally and vertically while shooting, and also 96% horizontally during playback (approximately)
- 12x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens
- The lens' effective focal length range is 4.5-54.0mm, equivalent to 25-300mm in 35mm format. With 12x optical zoom, you can get in close without degradation of image quality. You can use the 4x digital zoom to get even closer after that, bringing your 35mm equivalent focal length to roughly 1200mm. Aperture range is f/3.1-6.5 (electronically-controlled ND filter (-2.0 AV) insertion). The lens comprises 8 elements in 8 groups
- Contrast-detect TTL AF with the following focus-area selections available: Auto (9-area/point automatic selection), Center, Face priority, and Subject tracking. You can also opt for Manual AF area selection, which gives you 99 selectable focus areas/points. Focus Lock is available
- Built-in Flash
- TTL auto flash with monitor pre-flashes
- Shooting Modes
- Choose from the following options and your camera is automatically ready to go with the proper settings for a given scene: Back Light, Beach, Black and White Copy, Close Up, Copy, Dusk/Dawn, Easy Panorama, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Museum, Night Landscape, Portrait, Night Portrait and Pet Portrait, Party/Indoor, Snow, Sports, and Sunset. Or, choose the Scene Auto Selector to let the camera pick out the best mode for the situation. The camera even features a 3D Photography mode
- Continuous Shooting Options
- Hold down the shutter button for continuous photo capture at up to 7fps to freeze motion without blur. Options available to you include Best Shot Selector, Continuous H, Continuous H 60, Continuous H 120, Continuous L, Multi-shot 16, Pre-shooting cache, and Single