The white Lumix DMC-SZ3 Digital Camera from Panasonic is a compact camera with a long lens. Its 16.1MP CCD sensor and Venus Engine image processor provide detailed images, accurate colors and fast performance and its 10X optical zoom lens stretches from ultra wide-angle to telephoto length to capture most any shot you will need. This Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens offers a 35mm equivalent focal length of 25-250mm with a maximum aperture of f/3.1 at the wide-angle end. This aperture is wide enough to be fast in low light and the camera's MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) will compensate for any camera shake to provide clear photos and videos when shooting at the long lengths that the lens offers. In case you need to reach even further, a 20x Intelligent digital zoom is also available.
720p HD video recording is also supported by the SZ3 and a dedicated one-touch button will take you instantly from photo mode to video. A 2.7" Intelligent LCD screen is provided for composition and playback, it provides 11-step auto brightness that changes as lighting conditions change.
The SZ3 offers fast start-up and auto focus and its Intelligent Auto mode allows the camera to set all optimal adjustments while you compose and shoot. If you want your settings to be even more specific, 15 individual Scene Modes, such as Portrait, Sunset or Sports, offer predefined settings that correspond to the scene you are shooting. Four photo aspect ratios are also available: 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 and 1:1.
For expressive imaging, Creative Control and Creative Retouch allow you to add (before or after you shoot) 12 in-camera effects that give your images that something special, for example Retro look, Toy Effect or One Point Color. Creative Panorama offers the same effects for panorama images and Beauty Retouch Mode allows you to add make-up and teeth-whitening effects.
The DMC-SZ3 provides 90MB of internal memory in case your memory card fills up and can be charged from your computer via its USB input as well as by a conventional AC charger. PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.0 software is included with your camera.
- 16.1MP 1/2.3" CCD Sensor
- A 16.1MP CCD Sensor offers high quality imaging even in low light conditions.
- Leica DC Vario-Elmar 10x Optical Zoom Lens
- A 10x ultra wide-angle optical zoom lens provides the 35mm focal length equivalent of a 25-250mm lens. This incorporates most shooting situations from ultra wide-angle to telephoto, however if you need further reach an additional 20x Intelligent Digital Zoom capability is available. To ensure enhanced sharpness and greater color fidelity, this lens' optical design features 4 aspherical lens elements.
- 720p HD Video with Dedicated One-touch Button
- 720p HD video recording at 24 frames per second is available with a dedicated button that switches you immediately from photo into video mode. Both Intelligent Auto (iA) and MEGA Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S) are supported for video.
- 2.7" Intelligent LCD Display
- Composition and playback are viewed with a 2.7" TFT Color LCD display with a 230,000 pixel resolution. It provides 100% field of view and features Intelligent LCD function which automatically adjusts the screen's brightness according to shooting conditions.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- MEGA O.I.S. compensates for the effects of camera shake in both photo and video mode. It provides you with clearer images in low light and when shooting at telephoto lengths.
- AC/USB Battery Charging
- In addition to the conventional AC power supply, the battery on the SZ3 can be charged via its USB input. This is a convenient (and at times necessary) option which allows you to charge your camera from your computer.
- Aspect Ratios
- The DMC-SZ3 shoots in four aspect ratios. Its native ratio is 4:3 offers numerous resolution levels and it also captures in 3:2, 16:9 and 1:1 at higher resolutions.
- Intelligent Auto
- In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. Combining Automatic ISO and Exposure, Face Detection, Intelligent Scene Detection and MEGA O.I.S. into one mode, the camera's detection and correction functions adjust the camera to its best possible setting.
- 15 Scene Modes
- Scene Modes provide predefined settings to make shooting certain types of scenes easier. The Scene Modes are: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, Photo Frame, Starry Sky
- Quick Start-up Time and Sonic Speed AF
- Fast start-up time and fast autofocus allow you to capture fleeting moments that might otherwise get missed.
- Built-in Memory
- The SZ3 provides 90MB of built-in memory when your memory card is filled or in case you just don't have it.
- Creative Control and Retouch Modes
- The Creative Control feature includes modes such as one-point color, toy effect and retro photo to give your image an expressive effect when you shoot it. This is also available for panorama shots. Creative Retouch allows you to add those effects to an image you already shot and Beauty Retouch offers the ability to retouch faces with Make-Up, Lift Up and Teeth Whitening modes.
- Languages Supported
- Models sold in U.S region support Spanish and English however, depending on distribution region, languages supported are: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Netherlandic, Thai, Korean, Turkish, Portuguese, Arabic, Persian, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Vietnamese