The 6TB 2big 2-Bay Dual Thunderbolt Hard Drive RAID from LaCie is a versatile hard drive array capable of daisy chaining up to six Thunderbolt-compatible devices in low power mode. With 10Gb/s max uplink and downlink speeds you can transfer your data quickly and efficiently. Everything within this enclosure is kept cool with aluminum casing with a heat sink design as well as a high performance fan.
- Professional Storage
- The LaCie 2big Thunderbolt Series features RAID security, hot-swappable disks, and daisy chain convenience. With a drive capacity of 6TB and rotational speed of 7200rpm's, these hard disks deliver the professional storage necessary for the most demanding tasks.
- RAID for Speed or Security
Use Disk Utility on your Mac OS to configure the 2big Thunderbolt Series into a RAID array that suits your needs. It's possible to set it up as a mirrored RAID set (RAID 1), which provides data protection if one disk fails. As a result, you can simply replace a disk, with zero data loss and no work interruption.
You can also configure your drive as a striped RAID set (RAID 0) to maximize speed and capacity for large file storage and fast transfers. It also supports JBOD, which lets you assign each disk to a specific data storage task.
LaCie also offers the RAID Monitor software for this 2big Thunderbolt Series drive. It alerts you when a disk needs maintenance, identifies which drive has failed, and helps you to resolve the issue.
- Daisy Chain to Multiply Options
With dual Thunderbolt ports on the 2big, you can daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt peripherals together. That means you don't need to buy a hub to connect multiple devices to a single Thunderbolt port on your computer. In addition, it increases the total amount of storage you can make available to your Mac.
Daisy chaining multiple 2bigs pushes overall performance to more than 670MB/s for your most data-intensive tasks. Thunderbolt technology is also mini-DisplayPort compatible. For example, you can connect a display and a 2big to your Mac via a single Thunderbolt cable.
- Aluminum Reliability and Security
- The 2big's dual cooling system ensures long-term reliability by preventing overheating. Its solid-aluminum heatsinked casing provides 60% more surface area than a smooth case to divert and dissipate heat more efficiently. In addition, its thermo-regulated fan turns on and off according to internal temperature. As a result, it cools the components while reducing electricity usage. For more energy savings, the front power button even lets you turn off the product without breaking a daisy chain connection.
- Intuitive Design
- The 2big Thunderbolt Series integrates into the professional workspace with quiet cooling fans making the 2big perfect for even the most noise-sensitive creative environments. This drive can stand alone vertically, or lie horizontally on your desk to stack with multiple products.