The 20TB 5big Thunderbolt 5-Bay Hard Drive RAID from LaCie is a versatile hard drive array capable of daisy chaining up to six Thunderbolt-compatible devices in low power mode. With 10Gb/s max uplink and downlink speeds you can transfer your data quickly and efficiently. Everything within this enclosure is kept cool with a heatsinked aluminum casing as well as a high-performance fan.
Take advantage of a variety of RAID modes including the preconfigured RAID 0, RAID 1, and JBOD configuration. The preconfigured RAID 0 mode provides zero redundancy with improved performance. In this configuration a single failure destroys the entire array. RAID 1 provides mirroring without parity or striping. Data is written identically to two drives, thereby producing a "mirrored set" ensuring data backup and security. With a JBOD, or just a bunch of disks, configuration you benefit from being able to utilize a variety of disks.
- Enhanced Speed
- Get 785MB/s thanks to five 7200 rpm/64MB cache hard disks preconfigured in RAID 0. With these speeds, you have all you need for any post-production work. Handle multiple 2K uncompressed 10-bit streams.
- RAID Flexibility for Speed and Security
With five disks, the LaCie 5big offers various RAID configurations to meet your precise needs. With a variety of RAID configurations you can create a fast volume with three disks in RAID 0, and a safe volume with two disks in RAID 1. Hot-swappable disks allow you to slide a new disk into the safe volume without switching off the device. Use the fast volume or use with Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere, or Aperture, and the safe volume to back up your projects with no downtime or data loss. The LaCie 5big can also be used as a JBOD array.
LaCie also offers the RAID Monitor software for this product. It alerts you when a disk needs maintenance, identifies which disk has failed, and helps you to resolve the issue.
- Daisy Chain to Multiply Options
- With dual Thunderbolt ports on the LaCie 5big, you can daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt peripherals together. Increase the total amount of storage you can make available to your Mac. Thunderbolt technology is also mini-DisplayPort compatible.
- Dual Cooling System
- The cooling system consists of three key components: an innovative heat-dissipating aluminum casing, a Noctua cooling fan, and jumbo exhausts. For the enclosure, its solid-aluminum heat sink design diverts and dissipates heat more efficiently than plastic casings. The quiet Noctua NF-P12 fan pulls heat away from the internal components while producing exceptionally little noise. It also controls its speed according to temperature, which means that it works more efficiently while prolonging its lifespan. The LaCie 5big also has oversized air holes to facilitate airflow from the fan and reduce noise.
- Increased Convenience
- The LaCie 5big is designed to integrate seamlessly into professional environments. With its small footprint and space-saving design, you can stand it alone or stack multiple LaCie 5bigs.