The 8x30 Monarch 7 Binocular from Nikon combines high-transmission optics with an ergonomic and weather-resistant housing to produce the image quality and easy handling typical of Monarch series binoculars. The 8x30 Monarch 7 has a 60° apparent viewing angle and is capable of focusing as close as 6.6'. Additionally, Its 15mm and twist-up eyecups with multiple click-stop positions help to create a comfortable viewing distance for almost any observer, making this set of glasses well-suited for most close to mid-range glassing activities.
This compact iteration of the Monarch features a fully multicoated extra-low dispersion (ED) lens system that transmits bright images with enhanced brightness and contrast. To preserve the image quality transmitted by these glass elements, Nikon also outfitted the Monarch 7 binocular with phase-correct roof prisms that are finished with a highly reflective dielectric multicoating. Resulting views rendered by the Monarch 7 optical path have lifelike color and are rich with detail.
Their 30mm objectives, open-bridge configuration, and fiberglass-polycarbonate housing with rubber armoring help to reduce the overall weight of the Monarch 7 without sacrificing ergonomics or functionality. A contoured body complements the non-slip rubber armoring, allowing the observer to maintain their grip even while wearing gloves or when conditions turn wet. The nitrogen-filled housing equips the Monarch 7 with the fogproofing and submersion tightness needed to endure years of service in a variety of conditions.
- Optical Performance
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective lenses: 30mm diameter
- Apparent viewing angle: 60° wide angle
- Eco-Glass optics: non-toxic glass contains no lead or arsenic
- ED glass lens system: enhance color fidelity and brightness
- Roof prisms with phase correction and highly reflective dielectric coating
- Fully multicoated optics, anti-reflective lens coating
- 6.6 ft minimum focus distance
- 15mm eye relief
- Use and Handling
- Twist-up rubber eyecups with click-stop settings
- Contoured grips with slip-resistant texture add ergonomic feel
- 1/4"-20 threaded mount for tripod adapter
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen-filled housing for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Fiberglass-infused polycarbonate chassis with rubber armoring
- Watertight to 3.3' for 10 minutes
- Weight: 15.3oz