Place your order by 12:00 PM Tomorrow and your order will ship the same day. For further details see delivery estimates in cart. All orders are subject to verification. International orders are processed the next shipping day.
The Impact Wall Mounting Kit for Paper Roll consists of three Varidrive sets with cores, chains and weights. It also contains two triple wall hooks on which you mount the drives. The three color-coded chains allow you to locate which of your three backgrounds is secured to which core. The three included weights hold the chains straight. Once installed, it will be easy to raise and lower your optional backdrops with a minimum of effort. The cores insert into each end of the backdrop and expand to stay firmly in place. The chains are able to be placed on either the left or right side of the wall hooks depending on your working preference.
Comments about Impact Wall Mounting Kit for Holding Three Seamless Backdrops:
Purchased the set of 3 with the brackets, have a 9 ft seamless paper white, black, and greenscreen on them. I really like that I can pull them down with a chain instead of lowering backdrop stand, unscrewing one side, sliding off 9 ft tube, sliding new one on, raising back up...ugh. I also have them in my high school classroom, and this should be a lot easier to use/switch with less chance of injury.
There were a few things I learned from reviews, and other things that I didn't expect:
1. It does not come with enough screws you'll need. I highly recommend putting a piece of wood on the wall and screwing it through the drywall into the wall stud, and then screw the bracket into the wood. The length I had to space the brackets apart would only have been able to screw into a stud on one of the ends.
2. I had 2 rolls of standard (Savage) 12yd seamless paper that were on cardboard tube cores 2.25" diameter, and they fit fine. But I also had a roll with a larger diameter that will not fit which was disappointing. Your paper or muslin may not have a core, if not there are products for that on this site.
3. They have a limit on how much weight they will hold, which means 12 yard length is good, but 50 yard length of paper will be too heavy for it.
4. The paper is not unrolling to come down, it's getting stuck. This site sells a Manfrotto "background paper counterweight" but much cheaper is getting a 10 ft pipe (electrical or pvc) from your local home improvement store.
5. Apparently with the 9' rolls (6' are fine) of paper with the cardboard cores they can sag over time and become hard to unroll. Some reviewers rotated their paper 180 degrees every so often, others had never had a problem.
Plastic/metal - Quality seems fine, there were two makes available for the same price when I bought, and I like these chain colours a little better. I'm very excited with the setup, and I'll be taping the pipes on the bottom of the papers next week to complete the process!
Was this a gift?:
Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend