The VAIO Duo 11 SOD11225CX 11.6" Ultrabook Computer from Sony features a unique surf slider design that allows you to transition between tablet and laptop modes with ease. The VAIO Duo 11 provides the benefits of both a tablet and a notebook computer in one unique package.
The 11.6" capacitive touchscreen supports 10-point touch input as well as stylus input. The screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio, LED backlight technology, IPS (in-plane switching) technology and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, which is supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 2.0GHz Intel Core i7-3537U processor. It also has 8GB of 1333MHz DDR3 RAM, a 256GB solid state drive, 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, near field communication (NFC), an integrated webcam and microphone.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 (64-bit) replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 (64-bit) also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 (64-bit) provides a unique user experience from previous versions of Windows.
- 11.6" Full HD IPS Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 11.6" capacitive touchscreen features LED backlighting and 10-point touch input support. The screen also features IPS (in-plane switching) technology, which provides up to a wide 178° viewing angle. The display is made of tough, scratch-resistant glass, which is vital to a touchscreen using touch and stylus input. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, so you'll be able to watch 1080p HD videos without having to upscale the content
- Surf Slider Design
- The unique Surf Slider design allows you to transition between tablet and laptop modes. Interact with the tablet by using the stylus or your fingers on the 10-point capacitive touchscreen. When you need the feel of tactile keys, simply slide the screen back to reveal the keyboard
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Quickly exchange messages, photos, MP3 files and URLs with other compatible NFC devices. See the same website that's on your VAIO Duo 11 from your smartphone. Even switch from listening to music on your desktop computer to your VAIO Duo 11 and back again. With NFC (Near Field Communication), it all happens by simply tapping compatible devices together on the touch icon. It's instant, requires zero setup and is just that easy. Please note that both devices must have NFC in order to utilize this feature
- Digitizer Stylus
- The digitizer stylus delivers precise performance allowing you to write, draw and tap on the touchscreen. The stylus allows you to adjust line weight, brush size and more by pressing harder or softer with the pen. When the pen is near the screen, the touch sensors are turned off so you can maintain a comfortable writing position, even laying your palm on the PC. Two tips are included, allowing you to simulate working with a variety of traditional art and design materials
- ArtRage Studio Pro Software
- ArtRage Studio Pro contains all the tools of ArtRage Studio, such as oils, watercolors and inking pens which allow you to produce natural looking artwork on your computer. The version on the VAIO Duo 11 is ideal for artists who need to edit their work in more depth, supporting Photoshop compatible filters, real world color blending, post-spray editable stickers and more
- Dolby Home Theater v4
- The VAIO Duo 11 features Dolby Home Theater v4 technology. Whether you listen through headphones or the speakers on the VAIO Duo 11, Dolby Home Theater technology offers total control over audio settings. You can customize the sound for the maximum impact. It makes audio levels more consistent, which allows you to set the volume once without having it constantly fluctuate
- Note Anytime for VAIO
- Note Anytime for VAIO helps you easily take notes using the digitizer stylus or keyboard. This note taking and organizational tool will not only convert your handwriting to text, but also lets you add your own creative touch by drawing on the touchscreen with your finger or stylus so you can include hand drawn diagrams or images. You can organize your notes by specific subject or project and add images that you clip from the web using Active Clip or directly from your albums
- Active Clip
- Active Clip allows you to trace or draw a freehand outline using your digitizer pen around an image from the web. Quickly crop images with auto edge detection. Then save to your presentation, clipboard or Note Anytime for the VAIO Duo 11, where you can write on it, draw on it, save it or send it to someone via email
- Night Shift
- The keyboard features precisely engineered keys to create a comfortable and intuitive typing experience. When typing in low-lit environments, a backlight creates a glow that frames the individual keys and illuminates the lettering to make it even easier to find the right keys
- Rapid Wake
- The VAIO Duo 11 features Sony's Rapid Wake technology, which can resume from sleep mode in approximately two seconds with your data safe and secure
- The VAIO Duo 11 is certified with the Energy Star 5.0 qualification and are EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) registered. In addition, VAIO Duo 11 series is equipped with ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts screen brightness