The Word 2013 Software from Microsoft improves on the 2010 version by retaining the reliability of Word while adding new features that increase productivity. Word 2013 allows you to work with more media types, such as online videos and pictures, without having to leave Word. You can also open PDFs and edit them as well.
The innovative Read Mode offers a clean and distraction-free way of reviewing your document, ideal for tablets and other portable devices. You can also team up with colleagues by placing comments right next to the text where they can see it. In order to utilize this feature, you'll need access to the Internet and a Microsoft account.
Live Layout lets you experiment. When you drag a photo, video or shape to a position, text reflows instantly around it. Release the mouse button and your object and surrounding text stay right where you want them. You can also choose from over 40 categories of Word templates to get you started.
Please note that this product comes with a product key code. There is no installation DVD.
- New Read Mode
- Text reflows automatically in columns for easier on-screen reading. Less menus mean higher focus on your content, accompanied only by tools that add value to your reading
- Object Zoom
- In Read Mode, you can zoom in on tables, charts and images to fill the screen. After you take in the details, another tap or click will minimize them so you can continue reading
- Resume Reading
- With Word 2013, you can read a document and then pick up where you left off, even from a different Windows PC or tablet. Word 2013 will automatically bookmark the last place you were reading. Please note that an Internet connection and a Microsoft account are both required to take advantage of this feature
- Reply Comment
- Keep track of the conversation. Place and reply to comments right next to the text you're discussing, so everyone can readily see who replied to whom, and when
- Simplified Sharing
- You can be sure that you're all tracking only the latest version of a document because your files are saved online on SkyDrive or SharePoint by default. Send everyone a single link to the same file, along with their viewing and editing permissions, right from within Word 2013. Please note that an Internet connection and a Microsoft account are required to take advantage of this feature
- Present Online
- Project your document to everyone in your working group, even if they don't have Word. Send them a link and as you present the document on your screen, they can follow along in their browsers online
- PDF Reflow
- Open a PDF file in Word 2013 and you'll be able to edit content, such as paragraphs, lists and tablets as if it were a Word document
- Alignment Guides
- Achieve that polished, professional look--align charts, photos, videos and diagrams with your text. Handy alignment guides pop into place when you need them and disappear when you're done
- Live Layout
- When you drag a photo, video, or shape to a position, text reflows instantly--right before your eyes. Release the mouse button and your object and surrounding text stay right where you want them
- Watch Online Videos
- You can watch online videos right in Word 2013 without having to leave the document