The BenQ MX662 XGA Multi-Region 3D Ready DLP Projector is designed for teaching and presentations in a variety of settings including classrooms and conference rooms. It provides 3500 ANSI lumens of brightness with a low noise level of only 30 dBA in Eco-Mode. It features a sharp 13,000:1 contrast ratio, 3D capabilities and XGA 1024 x 768 native resolution. The projector is powered by a DLP chip system and the lamp features a long life up to 6000 hours. The MX662 is equipped with SmartEco Technology as well, which combines optimum levels of brightness and picture quality for maximum energy savings and a lower overall cost of ownership.
The projector also features a variety of connection options including an HDMI input and USB connectivity that supports PC-less teaching via a USB flash drive. It also offers a No Source Detected Mode, which will automatically lower the projector lamp brightness to 30% after it has remained unconnected for three minutes. Other features include a built-in 2W mono speaker with audio pass through, a Kensington Lock Slot and low 0.5W standby power consumption level. The MX662 supports ecoFACTS environmentally friendly packaging as well.
Environmentally Friendly & Cost-Saving Features
- SmartEco Technology
- SmartEco Technology is an innovative and environmentally friendly solution that enhances the energy saving capabilities of your projector's DLP system. It strikes an optimized balance between picture quality, brightness and energy efficiency. This allows students and teachers to get the most out of their classroom experience, while also helping the school by extending lamp life, minimizing maintenance and reducing the projector's total cost of ownership.
- Eco Blank Mode
- Eco Blank Mode allows teachers to blank the projection screen whenever they need to direct their students' focus back on them - or simply when the projector is not in use. When activated, this useful feature will dim the lamp power automatically, which can reduce the projector's overall power consumption by as much as 70%.
- Smart Eco Mode
- Designed to minimize power consumption and maximize energy efficiency, Smart Eco Mode cleverly adjusts the projector's lamp power by delivering optimum contrast and brightness levels that use only as much light as needed. When using SmartEco Mode, the projector may use as much as 45% less power than it uses in Normal Mode.
- No Source Detected Mode
- In the classroom, there will be times when the projector is turned on without a DVD player, computer or other display source connected. In order to reduce the amount of power wasted in these instances, BenQ created the No Source Detected Mode. It works by lowering the lamp brightness down to 30% after the projector has remained unconnected to a display source for more than three minutes.
- 0.5W in Standby Mode
- When inactive, the MX662 keeps power consumption to a minimum with 0.5W standby power. This technological advancement in energy saving helps extend the projector lamp life, while also lowering energy costs.
- ecoFACTS Label
- ecoFACTS declares that the MX662 supports the effort to replace hazardous substances by improving material selection, packaging design, energy-saving design and other aspects of the product. The MX662 includes arsenic-free optical glass, BFR/PVC-free casing plastics and PVC-free plastic packaging.
- Audio Pass Through
- With the built-in speaker, the MX662 can be used as an audio system when it's set to the standby mode. This saves you the trouble as well as the extra expense of getting a separate audio system.
- Upper Lamp Door Provides Easy Lamp Access
- The upper lamp door is designed for IT managers to replace the projector lamp safely and quickly. Should the projector lamp go out in the middle of the class, it can be replaced easily without delaying or disrupting the class.
- Kensington Lock Slot Discourages Theft
- A Kensington lock slot is designed to enable faculty to secure their classroom projectors either to a ceiling mount or an audiovisual equipment cart, adding extra "physical" security to a classroom projector. BenQ's education projectors are each built with a security bar as well, which also helps discourage theft.
- Auto Power Off
- The MX662 supports automatic power off after the projector is turned on for over thirty minutes without a display source, eliminating unnecessary energy waste and prolonging the life of the projector lamp.
- Wireless Display
- The Wireless Display feature allows you to connect a Wi-Fi dongle to the USB flash drive slot to view content from your PC, MAC, iPhone and iPad using the MX662 projector.
- USB Display
- USB Display offers the plug-and-play convenience of USB connection with automatic resolution detection for the best image presentation and extension support for simultaneous multi-projection display.
- PC-Less Teaching
- The projector's USB Drive Display function allows teachers to teach with just a USB flash drive. All they need to do is save the files they need onto a USB flash drive and insert it in the MX662 to start teaching. File types supported are JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF and TIFF.
- Choose from 28 OSD Languages
- The projector supports 28 on-screen display languages. These include: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Dutch, Turkish, Czech, Portuguese, Thai, Polish, Hungarian, Croatian, Romanian, Norwegian, Danish, Bulgarian, Finnish, Indonesian, Greek, Hindi and Arabic.
- Multiple Picture Modes
- The MX662 is equipped with six picture modes including Dynamic, Presentation, sRGB, Cinema, User 1 (custom) and User 2 (custom).