The ikan USB Control Grip enables remote control for Canon EOS DSLRs and EF lenses. In addition to video record start/stop, the grip's remote functions include focus, iris and live view controls. The control grip interfaces with the camera via USB and is compatible with most Canon DSLRs, including the 5D Mark II and the 5D Mark III. The 1/4"-20 threaded sockets on the top and bottom makes it easy to integrate the grip with a camera support rig. The grip is powered by two AA batteries.
Note: Not compatible with the 7D.
- Record Start/Stop
- A button on the side of the grip activates video record start/stop. Press the button once to start recording. Hold the button for half a second longer to stop recording.
- Focus and Iris Control
- When used with a compatible, auto focus lens the control grip can adjust focus – near and far – in three steps: fast, slow and normal speed. Alternately, when used with an auto iris lens, the control grip can open and close the lens aperture.
- Live View Control
- In addition to turning Live View mode on and off, the control grip can also zoom the display.
- Top and Bottom 1/4"-20 Threaded Sockets
- The 1/4"-20 threaded sockets on the top and bottom of this device are designed for ease of mounting. Although, ikan cautions that they are not intended to support a weighty camera rig.
- Automatic Shutdown
- To conserve power, the USB Control Grip will automatically shut down after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Indicator Lights
- Three LED lights on the face of the control unit indicate how many steps focus will be advanced when the "Near" or "Far" buttons are pressed. Two additional LEDs indicate whether the device is in "Focus" or "Aperture" mode.