The HD Personal Video Recorder 2 from Hauppauge! comes with everything you need to record TV shows and game play in HD 1080p video quality from your PC, Xbox 360, Wii U, and Playstation 3. Take advantage of a variety of inputs including one USB port to connect to your PC; one component video input to connect to your PS3 or cable/satellite set top box; two HDMI ports for connecting to your Xbox, PC game system, TV set or home theater system; one IR blaster port to control your set top box; and one optical audio input to connect to your set top box or game console.
Once configured, you can record from both cable and satellite boxes, your PC, and a variety of video game consoles. The video is recorded in H.264 format via the included ShowBizz application making it simple to transfer the video onto DVD-R discs for playback on Blu-ray disc players. The HD Personal Video Recorder 2 also makes it simple to upload your recorded video directly to YouTube.
- HD Personal Video Recorder 2
- The HD Personal Video Recorder 2 records video at up to 1080p from a satellite or cable TV set top box, a PC game system, Sony Playstation 3, Wii U or Microsoft Xbox 360. Record video from either HDMI (without HDCP protection) or Component Video at up to 1080p.
- Enhanced HD Audio and Video Quality
- Record at the H.264 video encoder format and resolutions up to 1080p30 for enhanced video quality. The H.264 format is used by Blu-ray discs and exceeds other video compression standards in quality and disk space consumption, providing a crisp image and enhanced digital sound. H.264 uses 1/3 the disk space compared with MPEG-2 format.
- HD Personal Video Recorder 2 for Gamers
- Record your gaming moves without slowing down your PC. The video compression is done inside the video recorder itself allowing you to record your PC game play in HD without slowing down your PC.
- Make Your Own HD Movie Library from Cable or Satellite TV
- Create an HD library of TV programs by burning up to 2 hours of video recorded on the HD Personal Video Recorder 2 directly onto a standard DVD-R disc. The discs created with the included ShowBiz application can be played on Blu-ray disc players.
- Record Your Cable or Satellite TV Programs in HD
- Connect this HD Personal Video Recorder to your satellite or cable TV set top box via the supplied HD component cables. With the TV scheduler and IR blaster, you can change the channel on the set top box and record the selected program. Hauppauge's TV Scheduler provides an easy way to schedule your TV recordings and create a schedule of weekly or once only recordings for automatic recording.
- Record Your PC Game Play in HD
- The HD Personal Video Recorder 2 records PC game play in HD using HDMI. You can also record Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U game play. With HD video passthrough you can record and watch your game play at the same time, with no delay. You can also capture videos in a format compatible with YouTube for easy uploading.