The Inspiron 17R i17RM-2419sLV 17.3" Notebook Computer from Dell is a multimedia desktop replacement notebook computer. Its large 17.3" HD+ Truelife widescreen display is backlit with LED lights, which are more energy efficient and last longer than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1600 x 900 native resolution powered by Intel HD Graphics 4000. The display has a glossy TrueLife finish, which results in vibrant color.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Core i5-3337U processor. It also has 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- This Dell notebook houses an Ivy Bridge i5-3337U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.7GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications with ease
- Multimedia Entertainment
- With its 17.3" HD+ widescreen display, you'll enjoy the full visual impact of your movies in HD quality. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1600 x 900 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. This Dell also has built-in stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio 4.0 technology for cinematic sound quality. You can also connect to an external display, such as an HDTV via the HDMI port
- Spill-Resistant Keyboard
- This Dell notebook has a spill-resistant keyboard to prevent damage from accidental spills. The keyboard also has a 10-key numeric keypad for fast data entry. A multi-touch, gesture-supported touchpad allows you to navigate through Windows 8 quickly and efficiently
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it