The 1015E-DS01 10.1" Notebook Computer from ASUS features a compact form factor and a stylish look, complete with a glossy black finish. The 10.1" HD widescreen LED-backlit display on this ASUS notebook has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, supported by integrated Intel HD graphics.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.1GHz Intel Celeron 847 processor. It also has 2GB of DDR3 RAM, a 320GB 5400rpm hard drive, a 4-in-1 media card reader, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with SonicMaster technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Intel Celeron Performance
- This ASUS notebook houses an Intel Celeron 847 processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.1GHz. With a dedicated 2MB L3 cache and 2GB of DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 10.1" HD Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- While smaller than traditional notebook screens, the display of this ASUS notebook doesn't sacrifice performance. The widescreen display features LED backlight technology, a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD graphics
- Stay Connected
- For a reliable wired Internet connection, you can use the 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack. If you want to stay untethered, you can use 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet wirelessly
- USB 3.0
- The USB 3.0 port on this ASUS notebook can transfer data up to 5Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you will still be able to use your older USB-compliant devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it