The black MUYHSMFF 3.5mm 4-Position to Dual 3-Position Headset Splitter Male / Female Adapter from StarTech is a headphone/microphone combo jack splitter that features a 3.5mm male (TRRS) and two 3.5mm (TRS) female connectors, enabling you to add a mono microphone input and a stereo output to your PC or laptop through a single 3.5mm audio port.
While some of the newer laptops from Apple and Dell feature only a single (4-position) 3.5mm audio port to support both audio input and output, this headset splitter adapter breaks the audio port out into 2 distinct ports: one can be used for a microphone input connection and the other for connecting external (output) speakers.
The headset splitter takes up very little space in your laptop bag and features a compact and sturdy design to deliver a suitable solution for applications that require portability.
Note! This adapter is not a headphone splitter/Y-cable. It cannot be used to split the audio output to 2 separate sets of headphones or speakers.
Some laptops and mobile devices will not work with all external microphones. This is typically caused by an impedance mismatch between the microphone and the device because of hardware incompatibility and is not a limitation of the adapter.
To ensure proper hardware detection, it is recommended that the external headset be plugged into the adapter first before the adapter is connected to the computer or mobile device.
- Compact design for maximum portability; a suitable solution to have on hand in your laptop bag
- Lightweight, yet sturdy design that can easily be plugged in when required
- Turns a 3.5mm combo headphone/microphone port into 2 distinct ports: one 3.5mm headphone jack and one 3.5mm microphone port
- Allows the use of older audio accessories with newer computers
- Can be used with any portable device that uses a 4 position 3.5mm jack, such as iPhone, iPod, and iPad devices
- Allows the use of an external microphones and speakers with PCs or laptops that are equipped with a combo 4-position / 4-pin audio port