The black Fujifilm FinePix XP200 Digital Camera is a compact, rugged camera featuring a 16.4 megapixel 1/2.3" CMOS sensor and a waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, and dustproof construction for recording both high quality still imagery and full HD 1080i video in a wide variety of conditions. A 5x optical zoom lens provides a wide range of focal lengths to suit most shooting situations and sensor-shift-type image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake while working with longer zoom magnifications or in low-lit conditions. A bright 3.0" 920k-dot LCD monitor is available for live view monitoring as well as playback and review of both still and moving images.
Amongst other features and modes available for the XP200, SR AUTO (Automatic Scene Recognition) can automatically determine the scene type you are working in and choose from one of 14 pre-determined sets of exposure profiles to optimize your results. Seven different Advanced Filters are also available to further enhance the look and feel of your photographs. Additionally, the XP200 features built-in wireless connectivity to enable direct transferring of images between the camera and iOS or Android devices for instant sharing online. The wireless ability also provides the option to automatically backup imagery to your home PC via the included software.
- Four-Way Protection from the Elements
The FinePix XP200 features a rugged design that makes it ideal for use in harsh conditions:
- Waterproof to 49.2' / 15m (for up to 120 min., IPX8 rating)
- Shockproof to 6.6' / 2m (MIL-STD-810F-616.5)
- Freezeproof to 14°F / -10°C
- Dustproof (IP6X rating)
- Fujinon 5x Optical Zoom Lens
A 5x optical zoom lens is integrated into the camera's design, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-140mm. This zoom range can be further extended to an equivalent 10x through the use of 2x Intelligent Digital Zoom, which uses image processing techniques to reduce the amount of image degradation that is commonly associated with digital zooming techniques.
To better render a clear, sharp image, sensor-shift-type image stabilization is also available to reduce the appearance of camera shake that can often occur under low-lit conditions or when working with longer focal lengths.
- 16.4MP 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor and Full HD 1080i Video
The 16 megapixel 1/2.3" CMOS sensor is able to deliver high resolution imagery with impressive quality and notable low-light performance. The CMOS sensor also affords high speed shooting capabilities up to 10 full resolution frames per second or 60fps in 1920 x 1080 format via a dedicated Burst Mode Button for quick access to quick shooting speeds.
The sensor also lends itself to producing full HD videos up to 1920 x 1080i at 60fps by way of a dedicated movie recording button. High speed movie recording is also possible up to 360fps for greater motion detail and slow motion playback. Several movie editing functions are available in-camera, including movie trimming to cut unwanted footage and movie joining to combine separate clips into a single movie. Noise cancellation and scene recognition modes are also available during movie recording to further enhance the quality of videos.
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- Wireless connectivity is built into the camera and allows for instant sharing of images directly to an Android or iOS mobile device. The Fujifilm Camera App allows you to browse the image contents of your camera from your mobile device and transfer up to 30 images at a time between devices. Wi-Fi connectivity also allows you to automatically backup your files to your home PC via the Fujifilm PC AutoSave software included with the camera.
- 3.0" 920k-Dot LCD Monitor
- A bright 3.0" 920k-dot rear LCD monitor is available for live view monitoring and image playback and review. This monitor features an anti-reflective coating and automatic brightness correction for greater visibility in sunlit conditions.
- Other Camera Features
- SR AUTO can automatically apply one of 14 scene modes to your image to optimize camera settings to best expose for the type of scenario you are photographing in.
- Seven Advanced Filters are incorporated to further enhance the aesthetic quality of imagery, including: Pop Color, Toy Camera, Miniature, High Key, Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple), Soft Focus, and Cross Screen.
- Motion Panorama 360 mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- Individual Shutter 3D captures two exposures of the same scene and saves them together in the MPO file format in order to produce an image that mimics a stereo image process.
- A wide variety of selectable scene position modes are available to ensure the camera is correctly exposing for the type of subject matter you are photographing. Modes include: Natural Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Underwater, Underwater (Macro), Party, Flower, and Text.
- Pro Low-Light Mode automatically records four high sensitivity and low-noise exposures within a single frame to help reduce overall noise levels and heighten sensitivity.
- HDR (Dynamic Range) records consecutive images of the same scene at different exposures and combines them into a single image in order to garner more highlight and shadow detail than is possible with a single exposure.
- Natural Light & with Flash automatically records two images (one with flash, one without) for those instances where you can't decide the better way to photograph in darker situations.
- Face Detection optimizes photographs of people by detecting and biasing exposure and focus settings on up to six faces present within the scene.
- Built-in social networking allows you to pre-tag and label images and video in-camera prior to offloading the imagery to your computer. Once tagged and delegated to the social platform of your choice, the images will be automatically uploaded once you connect the camera to your computer.