The Teradek VidiU On-Camera Wireless Streaming Video Encoder is a consumer-grade video streaming device capable of sending 1080p HD video from a camera to the Web in real-time. You can be recording a kid's baseball game in the park and simultaneously broadcasting it to family at home. VidiU features an HDMI camera input and encodes video in the popular H.264 codec.
VidiU streams to content delivery networks and media servers and is set up for native integration with the Ustream and Livestream platforms -- you'll just need to log in to one of these, select a channel or event, and stream. VidiU streams by dual band WiFi and features a 60-minute internal battery to fully support wireless streaming, and it can also stream by Ethernet or by an optional 3G/4G USB modem.
VidiU attaches right on top of a camera by an included hot shoe adapter. An OLED display indicates connection status and other info and is operable by joystick-type navigation buttons. Audio support includes AAC encoding and a headphone output. In addition to streaming to a platform, you can also simultaneously stream to an iOS device so you can monitor your live broadcast.
- Live Streaming without a PC
- The Teradek VidiU lets you wirelessly stream live HD video from a camera or switcher directly to the Web without a PC.
- Ustream & new Livestream Native Integration
- VidiU offers API level integration with the Ustream and new Livestream platforms, letting you stream to your channel as easily as logging into your account.
- Broadcast to Any Streaming Platform
- Choose the CDN you want -- VidiU's generic RTMP interface allows you to stream to a Wowza server or the platform of your choice.
- Go Live Anywhere Cable-Free
- VidiU streams over dual band MIMO WiFi, Ethernet, or via one optional 3G/4G USB modem. For events that require you to be completely wireless, VidiU's rechargeable lithium-ion battery lets you roam cable-free for up to 60 minutes.
- Stream to iOS Devices
- VidiU offers a free application for iOS that allows you to stream a second video feed to your mobile device for monitoring your live broadcast. Since VidiU acts as its own dual band Access Point, you can choose to connect your iPad or iPhone directly to the device or to your local network.
- Full HD Video
- Connect your HDMI video source to VidiU and stream at resolutions up to 1080p. VidiU encodes video in real-time using high profile H.264 compression and AAC audio at up to 5Mbps. Embedded HDMI audio, headphone output, and a mic/line input are supported.