The AVerVision PL50 Platform Document Camera (NTSC) from Aver Information Inc. features a 5 Mp sensor and offers Full HD 1080p output via HDMI, which provide large audiences with clear, vivid imaging, while the robust 16x optical zoom and 240x total zoom ensure that no detail goes unexamined. What's more, with the large embedded light box (329 x 265 mm), presenters can display A4-sized X-rays or rows of film slides and negatives to large audiences with ease.
This document camera comes fully equipped with advanced visualizer features. With one-touch recording, presenters can immediately capture smooth 30 fps video from the visualizer (document camera) on to a USB flash drive or an SDHC card (both sold separately) with the touch of a button. With onboard annotation, users can make digital notations on visualizer images with only a USB mouse or AVer's AP20 interactive pen (both sold separately).
Dual VGA input/output, HDMI output, RS-232, and overall extensive connectivity enables the PL50 Document Camera to fit seamlessly into any lecture hall or auditorium. Additional features of this camera include Picture-In-Picture and Split Screen.
AVer's A+ Suite visualizer software comes standard with this document camera. Users can integrate live visualizer images seamlessly into existing teaching material while maintaining easy access to the document camera’s functions. With the AVer Academy Suite, the PL50 Document Camera integrates into every technology that your classroom is equipped with.
The AVerVision Flash Plug-In helps users to achieve better integration of classroom technology by allowing them to view live images from a document camera via the IWB software. By utilizing this software, teachers and students can manipulate and annotate over live images streamed from a camera using the class’s existing interactive whiteboard. With this plug-in, users have direct access to important visualizer controls, such as zoom, focus, and various image adjustments.
The A+ Plug-In for PowerPoint allows users to view and control live visualizer images as well as to access helpful presentation / teaching tools directly via Microsoft PowerPoint on a PC or Mac. Via the floating toolbox, you can access your visualizer, annotation tools, teaching tools, features like TTS (Text-To-Speech), screen capture, and screen recording while in Slide Show mode. Presentation tools like Spotlight and Visor or OCR (Optical Character Recognition) function can be accessed directly via the menu bar.
The AVerVision 4 standalone visualizer software for PC and Mac gives users access to many handy features like video recording, TTS, and annotation. Additionally, it features automatic image correction, side-by-side comparison, a personalized media library, and one-click upload to social media / file sharing sites. Moreover, the simplified design of this user interface allows users of all ages to master the software in minutes.
Integrate the document camera images and content into any MS Word document through AVer’s A+ Plug-In for MS Word, which is available with A+ Suite. Use the OCR function to scan and digitize printed text captured by the connected visualizer and then paste the text directly in your open document. Open the visualizer tool, to view the live images streaming from your visualizer or to capture high resolution images to insert them into the open Word file.
Scan and digitize tables and spreadsheets captured by an AVer visualizer with AVer’s A+ Plug-In for Excel. The software’s OCR (Optical Character Recognition) function for Excel is a timesaver whether you’re archiving reports or preparing for class.
- Share Negatives and Slides
- Display X-rays for a science class, insert a picture negative, and reuse those old slide images with the built-in lightbox.
- Easily Stored and Secured
- The collapsing arm and camera head fold neatly for easy storage in your classroom or computer cart.
- Draw and Make Digital Notes
- Plug in a USB mouse or AVer's AP20 Interactive Pen (both sold separately) into the PL50 Document Camera (no computer needed) and draw arrows, highlight, write notes, and more on any displayed image.
- Doc Cam Warranty Program
- This document camera has a bumper-to-bumper doc cam warranty with a 5-year free 2-way RMA shipping and a 5-year worry-free standard advanced replacement program. This means that until the year 2018, you will never have to pay extra for repairs, advanced replacement, RMA shipping costs, or even accessory replacement.
- Interactive White Board and AVerVision Flash Plug-In
- With this plug-in, the PL50 Document Camera can directly integrate with any IWB software to easily add pictures and live video. You can even use the IWB or tablet software to control the document camera and annotate over images from the visualizer. Additionally, you can access the focus, zoom, image freeze, rotate, visualizer mode, color, white balance, and brightness controls of your document camera directly through the Flash Plug-In.
- MS PowerPoint Plug-In
Handy Floating Toolbox: The handy floating toolbox, live visualizer images, annotation tools, teaching tools, TTS (Text-To-Speech), screen capture, and screen recorder of the A+ Plug-In for PowerPoint are at your disposal during any PowerPoint slide.
Visualizer Integration and Visualizer Image Capture: With the Visualizer Integration function, you can insert a live streaming image from your document camera into any PowerPoint slide show. The Visualizer Image Capture allows you to capture normal and high resolution images from your camera when working in PowerPoint. Both these functions allow you to work on PowerPoint while still maintaining control over the visualizer’s main functions, like zoom, focus, freeze, and rotate, and image adjustment tools like brightness, contrast, color, white balance, and mode selection.
Powerful OCR: Using the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) function, you can transform the text from images captured with this visualizer, photos found online, or any image that can be edited, all in a few clicks (Windows only).
TTS (Text-To-Speech): This function gives you an interesting way to bring dry text to life and enhance any presentation or English language lesson, whether the text has been taken from the visualizer using OCR or if it is something you’ve typed into a PowerPoint presentation. This function supports only English.
Fast Annotating: You can enrich your presentations by making clear, instructive annotations over PowerPoint presentation slides and / or live visualizer images. This allows you to take down notes, highlight text, draw lines, and add shapes to boost the value of any presentation slide.
Helpful Teaching Tools: With the software’s 360° protractor and ruler tools to measure real objects, your mathematics lessons can be more interactive.
Presentation Tools: You can cover selected portions of the screen with a semi-transparent or opaque shield, using the Spotlight and Visor features, which are suitable for both testing and test review scenarios.
Live Video and Audio Recording: This allows you to use the recorder function to capture live video and audio of whatever is shown onscreen, plus have the option to record the entire screen or just a selected portion of it.
Image Capturing: This offers you with the versatility to capture a still image of the entire screen, an open window, or just a particular region of the screen. 1
- Sphere Lesson Presentation Software
- Sphere software offers split screen ability, which allows you to project a live PL50 Document Camera image, a live webcam image, and saved images / videos side by side. You can show exam questions next to sample answers, explain the difference between an iceberg and a glacier side by side, and more. While doing this, you can annotate, highlight, and record the presentation. The Sphere software's share ability allows you to upload your data onto many social media sites to share with colleagues, and students.
- AVerVision 4
Easy-To-Use Visualizer Controls: The AVerVision 4 software allows access to the main functions of the visualizer, and control over image adjustment settings, to make operating your AVerVision document camera via a computer easy. Press the auto adjust button in the top-right corner to instantly correct white balance, contrast, exposure, and even realign the image to a perfect 90° if it is less than 15° askew.
Media Library and Side-By-Side Image Comparison: Create your own media library full of recorded videos and captured images, and conduct side-by-side comparisons of the live images streaming from the visualizer and up to 5 saved images, while still having easy access to the camera’s controls and annotation tools.
One-Click Media Upload: Make the excitement of class accessible from home by quickly uploading captured images and video recordings to social media and file sharing sites.
Handy Annotation Tool: Like the MS PowerPoint Plug-In AVerVision 4, allows you to enrich your presentations by making clear, informative annotations over live visualizer images.
Live Video and Audio Recording: Turn live lessons, visits from guest lecturers, or exemplary student performances into reference materials you can use again. You can also use the video and audio recording function to prepare invigorating material before a class begins.
- A+ Plug-In for Word and Excel
- While working on MS Word, the A+ Plug-In allows you to access Visualizer Image Capture and OCR function. In Excel you can use the OCR function to transform your lessons and content to an editable Excel spreadsheet while retaining the original formatting. 2