The black Samsung NX300 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 45mm f/1.8 2D/3D Lens is a compact interchangeable-lens camera featuring a 20.3 megapixel APS-C-sized sensor and DRIMe IV image processor to produce high resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video at 60 fps. The sensor and processor combination also provide high sensitivity up to ISO 25600, fast full-resolution continuous shooting at 8.6 fps, and supports the creation of one-lens 3D image production when using the included 45mm f/1.8 2D/3D lens. The hybrid autofocus system makes use of both phase- and contrast-detection focusing methods to acquire focus quickly and accurately to support subject tracking and critical focus applications.
Extensive wireless connectivity is also integrated within the NX300 which allows for direct, instant sharing of image files between Android and iOS mobile devices and the camera. Additionally, backing-up of files to a home computer and sharing to a wireless-enabled HDTV is also possible.
The retro-inspired design of the camera incorporates a large 3.31" 768k-dot AMOLED touchscreen monitor that features a tilting design to support use from both high and low working angles. The touchscreen functionality also works together with a five-button control system to form the Hybrid Touch User-Interface, which gives an intuitive method for complete control over the camera.
In addition to the NX300 camera, 45mm f/1.8 2D/3D lens, and SEF-8A flash, a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is also included for post-processing and file organization.
- APS-C Sensor and DRIMe IV Image Processor
- The combination of the 20.3 megapixel APS-C-sized image sensor and DRIMe IV image processor enables high quality, high resolution still imagery production as well as full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps. These two technologies also work together to produce notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 25600 as well as quickened performance that includes the ability to record up to 8.6 fps in full resolution as well as a top shutter speed of 1/6000 sec.
- Hybrid Autofocus System
- The new hybrid AF system combines phase- and contrast-detection focusing methods to produce a highly intelligent focusing system that is both fast and accurate. The phase-detection system utilizes 105 AF points to quickly interpret subject distance while the contrast-detection method makes use of 247 AF points for fine-tuning focus for the greatest sharpness. The benefits of this combination, as well as a short shutter lag time, enable an intuitive shooting workflow that is well-balanced with the other speed-related assets of the NX300.
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
Integrated Wi-Fi connectivity enables direct connection with the NX300 to other wireless-connected devices, such as iOS or Android mobile devices, home PCs, and select HDTVs, for instant sharing of image files. The dual-band support (2.4GHz and 5GHz) provides faster, more reliable connections for greater transferring and sharing performance with nearby wireless networks.
- AutoShare: This mode will automatically send every image you record directly to your mobile phone via Wi-Fi connection for simplified instant sharing. This mode will also utilize the phone's locational data to embed GPS information into the metadata of the image files.
- MobileLink: This mode allows you to choose specific images to be shared with your mobile device. The images are transferred directly to photo albums on your device and any changes made will be saved amongst the two devices automatically.
- Remote Viewfinder: This feature allows you to see a remote live view image on your mobile device as well as adjust camera settings, control zoom, and preview imagery.
- Samsung SMART CAMERA App: This app, available for Android OS 2.3 and higher-enabled devices only, combines the functionality of AutoShare, MobileLink, and Remote Viewfinder within a single application. It utilizes Near Field Communication to provide faster, more secure performance, too.
- AllShare Play: This feature allows you to connect your camera to all other AllShare Play-enabled devices for full, transparent sharing amongst devices.
- Cloud: Backing-up imagery to cloud-based services, such as Microsoft Skydrive, helps to free space on your memory card and provides more universal access to your files from anywhere.
- Social Sharing and Email: You can directly upload imagery to social networking sites, such as Blogger, Facebook, Picasa, or YouTube, or directly email files to friends straight from the NX300.
- Auto Backup: This feature will automatically begin backing up your image files to your home PC or Mac when it is within the computer's wireless network.
- Software Upgrade Notifier: A notification window will automatically appear when a new firmware upgrade is available, and alert you to connect the camera to a computer for installing the update.
- Camera Design
A well-realized Hybrid Touch User-Interface combines both a five-button navigation control system as well as touchscreen functionality to provide intuitive means for controlling the camera and navigating menus quickly and easily. The 3.31" 768k-dot AMOLED touchscreen monitor also features a tilting design (90° up and 45° down) to support easier use and viewing from both high and low angles.
Complementing the functional design elements is a retro-styled body design that blends sturdy, yet lightweight metal elements; a black textured grip; and a sleek, ergonomic silhouette. A hot shoe is integrated into the body construction, too, to support the use of external flashes, such as the included SEF-8A flash, or other accessories.
- True 3D Creator and 45mm 2D/3D Lens
- When using the included 45mm f/1.8 2D/3D lens, true 3D full HD 1080p video and still imagery can be produced using a single lens. This lens integrates a dedicated 3D shutter system using two LCD shutters that alternate in blocking half of the image at a time, in turn producing a single stereo pair that is combined in-camera to create the final 3D image. When using this lens in 3D mode, the effective maximum aperture is f/3.5 and the effective video frame rate is 30 fps.
- Other Imaging Features
- Smart Mode: This mode will automatically apply certain exposure characteristics to your imagery in order to best render the type of subject matter being photographed. Choices available include Sports Capture, Rich Tone, Waterfall, Light Trace, Action Freeze, and Rich Tone.
- Creative Shot: This mode enables you to add creative enhancements to imagery to further accentuate certain aspects of a photograph, such as selectively increasing an image's brightness or colors.
- Smart Filter: This mode allows overlaying of fun effects to modify the final appearance of imagery. Filters include Cartoon, Cross Filter, Ink Painting, and Half-Tone Dot amongst others.