The CTX200P Pocket CAT and Tone Probe Kit from Byte Brothers enables you to test RJ45 and Coax cables, as well as trace the location of cable connections. Cat 5 and Cat 6 cables are tested for continuity, opens/shorts, reversals, and split pairs to meet TIA568 specifications. The Pocket CAT features a removable remote that makes it possible to test both long and short cables. The RJ45 remote slides into an integrated drawer for easy storage. A Coax remote is included as well. The Pocket CAT displays Pass/Fail results in one second, and it can also generate tone.
The included inductive toning probe features a built-in speaker and a volume control, and can be used to trace the tone generated by the Pocket CAT. A bright LED on the insulated tip of the probe acts as a flashlight, which can be useful when searching for cable connections in dark areas. The probe is designed to filter out unwanted hum, so you can more clearly locate the tone being sent from the generator.
- The status of each pair is displayed on the Pocket CAT
- The Pocket CAT turns off after 12 seconds to conserve battery life
- Low battery indicator light on Pocket CAT
- A red LED on the probe alerts you when 60 Hz AC power is sensed
- A green LED on the probe alerts you when the tone is detected, which is a useful visual cue when working in noisy environments