The Sony PVM-1741A 17" Professional OLED Picture Monitor is used for critical image assessment and is at home in both a production and post production environment. The PVM-1741A displays NTSC, PAL and HD video supporting interlaced, progressive and PsF formats. It supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 and frame rates from 23.98 to 60P, displaying your images with 10-bit color depth. The PVM-1741A features composite, SD/HD-SDI and HDMI inputs with composite and SD/HD-SDI outputs built into a lightweight, yet sturdy metal frame. Off axis viewing color shift has been reduced over previous Sony OLED PVM monitors, making this an excellent choice for either a single viewer, or when an entire group is going to be watching.
The monitor features built-in waveform and vector scope displays for checking that the video signal is within spec. The built-in camera focus aid enhances the edge detail for critical focus adjustments, allowing you to judge focus on a large 17" screen. Timecode display, audio level indicators and safe area markers allow you to precisely check your images for framing issues or audio distortion, either while shooting or finishing your project.
A built-in display function features four selectable modes for adjusting how the monitor displays interlaced video. The PVM-1741A also features seven assignable control buttons with LED indicators and a rotary switch, for making selections and adjustments to the monitor. Built-in decoders allow you to display closed captioning on the monitor. A 4-Pin XLR connector allows you to power the monitor from a 12 volt DC power source, making this monitor an excellent monitor for exteriors as well as interiors.
- The OLED is an RGB 10-bit display, which features a color gamut that exceeds the EBU and SMPTE-C specifications. The display presents an image with fine detail and smooth transitions from bright to dark, without the banding artifacts that an 8-bit display can introduce.
- The OLED panels are factory tested, calibrated and adjusted to ensure that all panels are uniform in performance.
- The wide viewing angle allows for off axis viewing when everyone is crowding around the monitor to see the footage. This allows you to see a consistent image from virtually any position.
I/P Mode Functions
The PVM-1741A provides four user selectable modes for viewing interlaced footage as progressive frames.
This mode interpolates the images between fields to reduce jagged edges from temporal artifacts.
This mode interpolates the images within a field for quick signal processing and is only available for a 1920 x 1080 signal.
This mode merges odd and even fields together, and is best used when viewing either still images or Progressive Segmented Frames (PsF). Moving images captured in an interlaced format and displayed in this mode will tend to display jitter due temporal artifacts.
This mode doubles each field and is useful for editing and monitoring fast moving images. There is a processing delay of less than half a frame.
Video & Audio
- The monitor supports video resolutions from SD (NTSC & PAL) up through Full HD at 60p. It supports standard frame rates and is compatible with 1000/1001 frame rates as well.
- Featuring Composite, SD/HD/3G-SDI and HDMI inputs, with a composite and an SD/HD-SDI output. Audio input is via a stereo mini jack and the monitor features embedded audio decoding and display. The PVM-1741A features a built-in speaker, headphone jack and additional stereo mini jack for audio output.
- The monitor features a built-in waveform monitor for technical analysis of your video signal. The waveform graticule features level markings, and you can zoom in for a closer inspection. The waveform can also be displayed using the line select feature that allows you to examine individual video lines.
- The built-in vector scope allows you to precisely evaluate your camera's color settings and white balance. The vector scope function also features a zoom function.
- You can select safety area markers for 80, 85, 88, 90 and 93%.
- Users can select to display either VITC or LTC timecode that is embedded in the SDI signals.
- The monitor can control the aperture level of the video signal to sharpen edge detail. This can be used to help the camera operator achieve sharp focus. You can choose from white, red, green, blue and yellow to indicate areas of sharpest focus.
- Audio level meters for eight channels of SDI embedded audio can be displayed on the screen at one time. You can select either channels 1 to 8, or 9 to 16.
- Closed-caption signals embedded in the SD/HD-SDI signal and conforming to EIA/CEA-608 or EIA/CEA-708 can be decoded and displayed on the monitor.
- The front control panel features a rotary selector switch and seven assignable function buttons. The monitor buttons also feature LED indicators for ease of use in dimly lit areas. The LED indicators can be turned on or off as needed.
- Select functions of the monitor can be controlled via the Ethernet connection over a network. An optional remote control unit can also interface with the monitor to control power on/off and input select.
- You can calibrate the monitor using available calibration tools and available downloadable software for a PC.