The Lumix DMC-G6 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II Lens from Panasonic is a high performance Micro Four Thirds format mirrorless camera with a 16.05MP Live MOS sensor and the Venus Engine image processor. Together they provide high resolution, low-noise images and Full HD 1080p video with fast autofocus and impressive low-light capability. Low-light Autofocus allows you to quickly set focus even in dim light and a wide ISO range extends to 25600 offering sharp imaging in low light. The DMC-G6 is bundled with a the Lumix 14-42mm II f/3.5-5.6 ASPH/MEGA O.I.S. lens with a 28-84mm equivalency in the 35mm format and optical image stabilization.
With both a 3.0” Touchscreen Tilt LCD monitor and a bright 1,440k-dot OLED Electronic View Finder you can compose your images in a manner that suits your style or shooting situation. The EVF offers 100% field of view, accurate color reproduction and minimal lag time. The tilt screen LCD offers a large viewing area and the ability to compose your shot from various angles. Its touchscreen capability provides shutter control and touch autofocus and auto exposure simply by tapping the LCD. An eye sensor recognizes that you have placed your eye to the View Finder and switches between EVF and LCD automatically. The sensor provides three sensitivity levels to avoid errant switching.
Full HD 1080p video at 60 fps is provided in both AVCHD format and in MP4 format for playback without conversion. Touch AF is supported in video mode and allows you to adjust focus while recording with just a tap on the LCD. In addition, video can be recorded and cinema-like 24 fps and with P/A/S/M manual control you can create videos with professional flourish.
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC) allows for instant transfer of your images to a computer, smart phone or tablet. NFC lets you connect your smart phone to your camera simply bring them together which significantly simplifies the process and with the free Panasonic Image App you are able to use your device as a remote control and monitor, upload directly to social media sites, playback wirelessly on compliant TV's and sync and store your image in the cloud.
The DMC-G6 provides full manual control and numerous assistive features in its iA (Intelligent Auto) mode and incorporates many creative tools such as Creative Control mode for adding filter effects, Creative Panorama, Stop Motion Animation, Time lapse mode, and Clear Retouch, which allows you to remove unwanted aspects from your photos.
The Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH./MEGA O.I.S. lens that is included with the G6 is an ideal day-to-day lens with a zoom range equivalent to 24-84mm in the 35mm format. With MEGA Optical Image Stabilization you can shoot blur-free images even in low light situations, and its inner focus system with stepping motor provides smooth, silent and accurate autofocus. An aspherical lens element minimizes aberrations and lens multi-coating reduces the reflections that can cause ghosting and flares.
- 16.05MP Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- The combination of 16.05MP sensor and Venus Engine image processor brings with it advanced noise reduction, smooth sharp imaging and detailed reproduction. The advanced Intelligent D-range Control ensures beautiful gradation with wide dynamic range.
- OLED Live View Finder
- The large, bright 1,440k-dot OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) LVF (Live View Finder) with approximately 100% field of view in 4:3 aspect boasts excellent color reproduction and high contrast for outstanding visibility. The display time lag is minimal and the image output between the LVF and the rear monitor is switched automatically by the eye sensor on the LVF, which features options of sensitivity - high, low and off - to reduce false operation during touching of the rear monitor.
- 3.0" 1,036k-dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- The LCD monitor on the DMC-G6 is bright, covers 100% field of view and offers saturation, brightness and contrast adjustment. Able to tilt and swivel, the LCD allows you to compose from any angle and adjust for glare. With touchscreen capability, you are able to focus, establish exposure, release the shutter and scroll through menus with simple taps and gestures.
- 1080p Full HD Video Recording in AVCHD and MP4
- The DMC-G6 records smooth, high-resolution Full HD 1920 x 1080 60p videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The DMC-G6 also supports 1080/24p native mode with 24 Mbps in AVCHD format bringing impressive afterimage to the footage. Full HD 1080 60p video can also be recorded in MP4 at 28 Mbps, to play it back directly on your computer or other portable electronic device without the need of conversion. A dedicated video button is provided to immediately start shooting video from any mode and still images (at 12MP) can be taken during video recording without interrupting the video.
- High Quality Stereo Sound
- High quality sound is recorded in Dolby Digital two-channel format including 19-step adjustable audio input levels and a Wind Cut function to block out most of the noise from background wind. In addition to the built-in stereo microphone, the DMC-G6 is equipped with a 3.5mm terminal for an external microphone.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC
- With NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, you can connect the camera with a smartphone or tablet by just bringing them together. The Wi-Fi setup is extremely easy and finishes within a few seconds, making it possible to pair the camera directly to the device without connection procedure of information input for authorization. With Wi-Fi connectivity you can instantly transfer images to your smartphone the free Panasonic Image App lets you perform multiple wireless tasks, including remote shooting and viewing from your smartphone, direct sharing to social media sites, geotagging, real time broadcasting and Cloud Sync storage of images across compliant devices.
- Compatible Lenses
- The DMC-G6 is compatible with the full line of Lumix G and Leica DG lenses providing you with a lens to match your shooting needs. From wide-angle primes to telephoto zoom lenses and even the new Lumix G 12.5mm f/12 3D lens, you can tailor your entire kit around the G6 and the Lumix lens system.
- Contrast AF System
- Contrast Autofocus provides the DMC-G6 with fast and accurate autofocus and offers a variety of AF modes including Pinpoint AF, 1-area AF (Flexible Scale), Multi-area AF (23-area), AF Tracking and Face Detection AF. The AFF (AF Flexible) mode locks on the focus when the shutter button is half-pressed, however, if the subject moves, the focusing is reset to get accurate results. The Focus Peaking Function works in manual- or autofocus modes and displays a blue highlight on the subject in focus.
- Low Light Autofocus
- The Low Light AF in DMC-G6 sets focus precisely and quickly in low light situations, even without the AF assist lamp. Combined with the Full-area Touch AF, it is possible to set focus on any point in the field of view.
- Light Speed AF and Burst Shooting
- The DMC-G6 features high-speed Light Speed AF, making it possible to capture fast-moving subjects clearly. It provides high speed burst shooting at 7 fps in 16.05MP full resolution and a maximum of 40 fps using the electronic shutter. Also, AF Tracking enables consecutive shooting to capture moving subjects in sharp focus at 5 fps in one-area focusing mode.
- Touch AF and Touch AE
- With the Full-area Touch AF, it is possible to set focus on any point in the field of view with a simple tap on the LCD. In video mode, you have rack-style focus that can adjust focus during recording with a sensitive touch. In addition, the newly adopted Touch AE (Auto Exposure) function allows setting focus and exposure at a single touch on the subject displayed on the monitor.
- Wide ISO Range and Extended ISO
- The combination of the Live MOS Sensor and the Venus Engine achieves ISO 12800 (Auto) and maximum of ISO 25600 in Extended Mode. Images shot in low-lit situations are clear with sharp resolution and minimal noise.
- Intelligent Auto Mode and iA Plus Mode
- iA (Intelligent Auto) mode allows taking beautiful pictures with a variety of assist functions including AF Tracking, Intelligent D-range Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Recognition and Intelligent ISO Control. The Intelligent Scene Selector now integrates Food Recognition mode. It detects food on the dish and captures it to look delicious. The iA Plus mode lets you adjust defocusing area in the background, exposure compensation and white balance for more flexible control.
- Scene Guide
- The Scene Guide offers 23 sample pictures shot by professional photographers. You can choose the one closest to the situation you are going to shoot and optimum camera settings for shooting that scene will be automatically set. Furthermore, shooting procedure, technical advice and recommended interchangeable lens for that scene can be shown to help you learn. The Scene Guides are Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, Monochrome
- Manual Exposure Control
- The DMC-G6 offers complete manual exposure control in Program, Aperture-priority, Shutter-priority and Full Manual modes.
- Sophisticated Design
- The handsome, compact design of the DMC-G6 provides a comfortable grip with easy access to control buttons and dials. A newly added function lever allows direct adjustment of selected functions (zoom with power zoom lenses and exposure or aperture control in manual mode), magnification in playback mode and page flip in menu. You can customize a total of seven function buttons by allotting to them a function you use often. In the Custom Mode, a total of four custom setting patterns can be memorized to the camera.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- With HDR several still images consecutively shot at different exposure levels are overlaid to produce a single well-balanced composite picture without over-exposure or under-exposure.
- Built-in Flash
- The DMC-G6's built-in flash has a light intensity equivalent to GN 8.3 (ISO 100)/ GN 10.5 (ISO 160), and you can adjust the intensity within a range of ±EV 2 in 1/3 EV steps. It also lets you use 1st curtain sync. flash and 2nd curtain sync. flash to capture nightscapes with a natural flow of light.
- Dust Reduction System
- Vibrating vertically around 80,000 times per second, a Supersonic Wave Filter repels dust and other particles and protects the image sensor.
- Creative Control and Creative Panorama
- The Creative Control mode allows you to add creative post-processing effects in-camera and has been upgraded to include 19 filter options including Old Days, Sunshine, Bleach Bypass, Toy Pop and Fantasy mode. Effect parameters of each mode are adjustable. With the new Creative Panorama function, it is possible to shoot a horizontal or vertical panoramic image and adjust it by using 15 filter effects of Creative Control. The Creative Control Filters in Still mode are Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, Sunshine
- Clear Retouch
- Clear Retouch makes it possible to erase unwanted objects or figures in an image by just tracing over them on the monitor with your fingertip. They disappear without destroying the image.
- Time Lapse Shooting
- Time Lapse mode allows you to leave the camera stationary and record subjects such as flowers coming into bloom or an approaching storm cloud. The series of images can be combined in-camera to produce a time lapse video.
- Stop Motion Animation
- The new Stop Motion Animation function enables producing a stop motion (stop frame) video with pictures that are shot sequentially shot while slightly moving the subjects. This effect makes the object appear as if it is moving by itself.
- Playback Modes
- Normal playback, 30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (Max. 16x), Slideshow (duration & effect is selectable), Playback Mode (Normal/ Picture/Video/3D Play/Category/Favorite), Location Logging, Clear Retouch, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Time Lapse Video, Stop Motion Video, Resize, Cropping, Rotate, Favorite, Print Set, Protect, Face Recognition Edit
- Languages Supported
- English and Spanish
- Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5 -5.6 II Asph./MEGA O.I.S. Lens
- Included with the DMC-G6 is the Lumix G 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II lens. With a 35mm focal length equivalent of 28-84mm, this lens provides wide-angle to short telephoto coverage and is an ideal lens for everyday shooting. MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) compensates for camera shake and provides clear, blur-free images even in low light and other slow shutter speed situations. With an inner focus system and stepping motor the lens supports continuous focus in both still and video modes and remains smooth and silent during autofocus. One aspherical lens element minimizes aberrations while lens multi-coating minimizes reflections that cause flares and ghosting.