The unique Sony DEV-50 Digital Recording Binocular give the bird-watcher, hunter or sports enthusiast the ability to capture Full HD 1920 x 1080 2D or 3D video through binocular style lenses. You can sit back and enjoy nature or watch the game from a distance and when the mood strikes, you can start recording or capturing digital still images. The DEV-50 features two Sony G-Lenses, two BIONZ Image Processors and dual 1/3.91" Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensors. The DEV-50 also supports magnification up to 25x.
When you do decide to go from spectator to videographer/photographer, the DEV-50 supports 1920 x 1080 2D/3D AVCHD video modes, as well as 2D JPEG image capture at up to 20.4MP. For saving your footage, the DEV-50 features a memory card slot that's compatible with both Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards. Plus, there's a USB port, as well as a micro-HDMI output for viewing your footage on an HDTV or a 3DTV.
Owning Sony's DEV-50 Digital Recording Binoculars also means you'll only need one device when heading out in the field to view and record the world around you. Plus, it offers several unique features that improve viewing and recording. These include Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode image stabilization, OLED XGA Tru-Finder electronic viewfinders, Hyper Gain for enhanced low-light visibility and simultaneous zoom and autofocus capability. There's also a mic input and a headphone jack.
- Up to 25x Magnification
- Simple zoom lever operation allows smooth zooming from 0.8x to a maximum of 25x magnification. Plus, subject location and framing is easier than with conventional binoculars.
- Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode
- The DEV-50 are engineered with Active image stabilization technology to minimize blur when zoomed in on a subject from far away. In addition, optical image stabilization adjusts lens position in the vertical and horizontal axes and BIONZ image processing adds compensation in the roll axis. The net result is an effective 3-axis image stabilization system.
- By Pixel Super Resolution
- By Pixel Super Resolution technology analyzes and processes all pixels and then combines the resulting data with a database that contains hundreds of variations to achieve optimum processing for each individual pixel. This results in improved still image resolution.
- Memory Stick Duo & SD Card Support
- The following memory card types are supported: Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Double Full HD & 3D Movie Recording
- The DEV-50 allows you to record the scene or subject you're viewing in Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, while it is being observed via the binoculars. The use of two Sony G lenses, two Exmor R CMOS sensors and two BIONZ image processing engines make it possible to record immersive 3D movies with Full HD image quality. Plus, Frame Packing is used to transmit the 3D video signal via HDMI. This means that independent HD signals are compressed and transmitted for the left and right eyes, so that high-resolution Double HD 3D images can be recorded and viewed on 3D-capable TVs.
- XGA OLED Tru-Finder Viewfinder
- The DEV-50 features an XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder that delivers outstanding resolution and high contrast. Since independent images are provided for the left and right eyes for a true stereoscopic view, 3D viewing is achieved without crosstalk or image degradation. The OLED Tru-Finder panels produce their own light as well, so there are no residual reflections to reduce contrast. Plus, the OLED devices offer XGA resolution with approx. 2.36 million dots so even the smallest details are clearly defined.
- Simultaneous Zoom & Autofocus
- Simultaneous zoom and autofocus capability is an important advantage. With the Digital Recording Binoculars autofocus rapidly follows zoom operation, providing uninterrupted subject tracking capability that can be a big advantage for motor sports and other applications that involve fast-moving subjects.
- Dust & Moisture Resistant
- The DEV-50 is 30% smaller and lighter Sony's first generation digital recording binoculars making them easier to carry on every trip. They are also dust and moisture resistant so you can use them without having to worry about rain, spray or dust.
- Hyper Gain
- With conventional binoculars, low light levels can make it difficult to locate and recognize the subject. Hyper Gain alleviates the problem by electronically increasing brightness in the viewfinder so the subject can be quickly located and framed even in dim light conditions.
- HDMI Connectivity
- By connecting the HDMI terminal to a Sony BRAVIA or similar large-screen TV, images that have been recorded by the binoculars can be viewed in Full HD. If it's a TV that supports 3D, 3D viewing can be enjoyed as well.