The AXIS Communications P1355-E 1080p HDTV Outdoor Network Camera is a fixed day-and-night camera, delivering light sensitive performance in a robust design. This camera, with progressive scan, offers HDTV video quality in multiple individual H.264 and Motion JPEG streams.
The camera features wide dynamic range and day-and-night functionality for superb image quality in both daylight and dark conditions. The focus assistant, remote back focus, and pixel counter features of this camera simplify installation. The camera offers P-Iris control, which allows the camera to precisely adjust the iris position to optimize the depth-of-field and lens resolution for optimal image sharpness. Additionally, it supports DC-Iris as well, ensuring backward compatibility. The camera features Lightfinder technology, which makes this camera extremely sensitive to low light.
The P1355-E Network Camera has a remote back focus function that enables the focus to be fine-tuned from a computer. It also offers digital pan/tilt/zoom, and supports multi-view streaming. The multi-view streaming function allows separate video streams of zoomed-in sections concurrent with a downscaled full overview image. The camera is equipped with a serial port for communication with auxiliary equipment, such as a pan/tilt head in order to remotely change the camera direction.
The IP66 rating makes this camera suitable for outdoor mounting and offers protection against dust, rain, snow, and sun, and can operate in temperatures as low as -40°F (-40°C). It is suitable for securing locations such as governmental and industrial sites, airports, railway stations, parking lots, school grounds, and university campuses.
This camera supports PoE (Power over Ethernet) for easy installation. What’s more, this outdoor-ready camera operates using PoE and High PoE in temperatures ranging from -40 to 122°F (-40 to 50°C).
- Easy Installation with Focus Assistant, Remote Focus, & Pixel Counter
- Setting the focus on the camera is made easy with the focus assistant, which indicates with a flashing green LED when an image is in focus after manually adjusting the lens. Additionally, the camera offers remote back focus, which allows the focus to be fine-tuned from a computer. The pixel counter further helps you verify that the pixel resolution of an object fulfills regulatory or customer requirements.
- Digital PTZ & Multi-View Streaming
- The camera supports digital pan/tilt/zoom, which allows a selected area of interest to be cropped from the full view for viewing or recording, thereby minimizing the bit rate and storage needs. The multi-view streaming allows several cropped view areas to be streamed simultaneously, simulating up to 8 virtual cameras.
- Lightfinder Technology
- This enhanced light sensitivity, with maintained colors even in poor lighting conditions, is obtained by a combination of expertise in image processing, system-on-chip development, and selection of optical components.
- P-Iris Control
- The camera features advanced precise iris control that is comprised of a special P-Iris lens together with dedicated software in the camera, to set the best iris position for optimal depth of field, resolution, image contrast, and clarity. Good depth-of-field indicates that objects at different distances from the camera are in focus simultaneously.
- This network camera saves installation time and costs since it is ready out-of-the-box for mounting outdoors. The IP66-rated camera is protected against dust, rain, snow, and sunlight, and can operate in temperatures as low as -40°F (-40°C). The camera is powered by PoE (Power over Ethernet), which makes installation easier since there is no need for a separate power cable. An integrated dehumidifying membrane eliminates any humidity caught in the camera enclosure during installation. The camera enables easy mounting of an infrared illuminator under the enclosure. It comes with a wall mount bracket, sunshield, and cable glands.
- Additional Features
- The camera features intelligent capabilities such as enhanced video motion detection, audio detection, and detection of camera-tampering attempts like blocking or spray-painting. It supports 2-way audio communications with enhanced audio quality. The camera also supports advanced security and network management features such as HTTPS encryption with preserved performance, IPv6, and Quality of Service; and Open API (Application Programming Interface) for software integration, including VAPIX. Additionally, it also supports EN 50121-4/IEC 62236, IEC 60529 IP66, NEMA 250 type 4X, EN 60950-22, IEC 62262, IK10, IEC60950-22, UL60950-22, IEC 60068-2-6, IEC 60068-2-27 approvals.