The ThinkPad Twist Convertible 12.5" Multi-Touch Ultrabook Computer from Lenovo has a unique convertible design where the screen can be detached from the keyboard dock, allowing for four different modes. Notebook mode lets you maximize your productivity. Stand mode allows you to view photos and watch videos with ease. Tablet mode lets you utilize the touchscreen while Tablet+ mode combines portability and performance.
The 12.5" widescreen display is a capacitive touchscreen with support for multi-touch gestures incorporated in Windows 8 Pro. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The touchscreen also has a glossy finish for vibrant color and is made with Corning Gorilla Glass for extra durability.
The system is powered by dual-core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3337U processor. It also has 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 7200rpm hard drive with a 24GB solid state drive cache, a 4-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Dolby Home Theater v4 certified stereo speakers.
Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 Pro introduces a redesigned Start Screen with tiles that update in real-time. Windows 8 Pro also focuses on cloud storage as well as offers various apps through the Windows Store. Windows 8 Pro also focuses on data security. Bitlocker drive encryption helps protect corporate data on this ThinkPad X1 Carbon, thanks to its TPM chip. SmartScreen services help protect you from malicious sites and software on the Internet. Windows 8 Pro provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Lenovo ThinkPad Twist
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Lenovo ThinkPad Twist houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3337U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.7GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the dual cores up to four virtual for a fast and efficient multitasking experience
- 12.5" CineCrystal LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The 12.5" capacitive touchscreen on this Lenovo ThinkPad Twist supports the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8 Pro. The screen is scratch resistant, thanks to Corning Gorilla Glass, while also providing vibrant color with its glossy finish. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. You can also output video to an external display via the Mini DisplayPort or the mini-HDMI port
Windows 8 Pro
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 Pro introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles that are customizable to your liking and that update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 Pro supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 Pro allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8 Pro, you'll be able to bring all your personalized Start screens with you by signing into your Microsoft account. When signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to your services as well, such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it
- BitLocker drive encryption helps protect corporate data on mobile PCs that include a trusted platform module (TPM) chip. BitLocker now encrypts hard drives more quickly, helping to keep your data safe without interrupting your productivity. BitLocker also supports encrypted drives
- SmartScreen services help protect you from malicious sites and software on the Internet. It checks the reputation of any new app or website in order to keep you safe no matter what browser you're using. This helps prevent malware and other viruses from infiltrating your PC or your corporate network
- DirectAccess allows remote users to more securely and seamlessly access resources inside of a corporate network without having to launch a separate virtual private network (VPN) connection
- Windows Media Center
- Windows Media Center lets you turn your PC into a home entertainment system that can play and record high-definition TV (if you have additional tuner hardware), DVDs and CDs. It also has a software DVR that can play photo slideshows and Internet TV content