The black X Vario Digital Camera from Leica is a point-and-shoot camera featuring a 16.1MP APS-C CMOS image sensor for clear, detailed images--even in low light. Its 18-46mm zoom lens features a 35mm equivalent focal length of 28-70mm and a maximum aperture range of f/3.5-6.4. Frame shots using the large 3.0-inch, wide-angle LCD monitor, which has a resolution of 920k pixels. The camera also offers a Leica EVF socket for connecting an optional electronic viewfinder.
Record HD 1080 video at 30fps while capturing clear audio, thanks to the integrated wind-cut filter. Movie recording can be started and stopped easily at the touch of a button. Later, view your creations on a larger screen via the built-in HDMI out connection.
The camera provides fast, precise, and virtually silent AF and has a focusing ring that allows for quick switching between auto and manual focus. You also have access to manual exposure for a high level of control over your compositions.
The Leica X Vario is equipped with a built-in flash and configured with a hot shoe for attaching an optional external flash unit. It offers an ISO sensitivity range of 100-12500. The camera is made in Germany from aluminum and magnesium and trimmed with soft leather. A free download of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is available after registration.
- APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Large APS-C size sensor features a resolution of 16.1MP for producing sharp, detailed images--even in low-light situations. The size and quality of the sensor make for low image noise, high dynamic range, and accurate color differentiation
- Vario-Elmar 28-70mm f/3.5-6.4 ASPH Zoom Lens (35mm Equiv)
- The wide-angle to telephoto zoom range offers a variety of options for compositions, and the lens permits quick and easy focal length adjustments. Simply moving the focusing ring on the lens from MF to AF mode activates the fast, precise, and virtually silent auto focus. The ring also allows you to set required focusing distance and focal length with ease
- Fast, Versatile Autofocus
- Choose from 1-point, 11-point, spot, and face detection options. Since the autofocus zone can be selected manually to define the desired plane of sharpness, you can compose shots exactly as you envision them
- 3.0" Wide-Angle LCD
- The large 3.0-inch monitor features a resolution of 920k pixels, a wide viewing angle, and 100% coverage. Its user-friendly menu interface provides a clear overview of all settings at a glance
- Comfort and Control
- Functions and controls are clearly laid out, and settings can be changed in an instant to meet the requirements of any shooting situation
- Exposure Control
- Benefit from manual exposure for a greater level of control over your compositions, or take advantage of automatic program, program shift (P), aperture priority (A), and shutter speed priority (T) options. Automatic exposure bracketing is also available, letting you capture 3 pictures in graduations up to 3 EV, adjustable in 1/3 EV increments. The precise click-detent dials on the top plate allow manual pre-selection of the required shutter speed and aperture values.
- HD Movie Recording
- Capture HD 1920x1080 video at 30fps with sound at the touch of a button. The integrated wind-cut filter ensures outstanding audio clarity. Videos can be saved in MP4 format and uploaded directly to mobile devices or social media sites without conversion. Watch your creations on a larger screen via the built-in HDMI out connection
- Built-in Flash, Hot Shoe, and High ISO Sensitivity
- Equipped with a built-in flash and configured with a hot shoe for attaching an optional external flash unit, such as the Leica SF 24D or SF 58. Built-in flash features ±3 EV of exposure compensation in 1/3-EV increments and a recycle time of approx. 5 sec with a fully-charged battery. For those times when you don't want to use a flash or just need a boost in sensitivity, the camera offers ISO up to 12500
- Continuous Shooting at 5fps
- To help capture fast-moving action, the camera can perform continuous capture of up to 8 images at a rate of 3-5fps in DNG + JPEG fine quality
- Picture Quality
- JPEG super fine, JPEG fine, DNG + JPEG super fine, and DNG + JPEG fine available
- Color Settings
- Choose from Standard, Vivid, Natural, B&W Natural, and B&W High Contrast
- Included Charger
- Supplied battery charger features automatic switching 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz input power for worldwide use
- Durable, Elegant Construction
- Designed and built in Germany. The top plate is machined from solid aluminum, while the magnesium and aluminum body is trimmed with soft leather
- Free Software Download
- After registration, enjoy a free download of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom photo management and editing suite
- Recommended Optional Accessories
- The Leica EVF socket enables the connection of an optional electronic viewfinder. Additionally, a handgrip lets you hold the camera with one hand and offers a better grip and steadier handling. It can be used with finger loops available in 3 sizes, which are similar to those used with the Leica M. A lens hood is also available, screwing onto the lens' filter thread to block stray light and reduce flare. The hood comes with an all-metal lens cap. The leather ever ready case offers a perfect fit while protecting the whole camera, and the leather X Vario Protector safeguards the front, back, bottom, and sides of your investment while leaving the lens free for shooting. Wrist and neck straps can also be purchased