The Sony PMW-F5 Camera Kit 1 includes the Sony PMW-F5 CineAlta Digital Cinema Camera, the Sony DVF-L350 LCD viewfinder and other advanced Sony accessories, and an Optitek FZ to EF-mount lens adapter.
In total, you get:
Sony PMW-F5 with native FZ mount and included PL mount adapter
Sony LCD viewfinder with a flip-up eyecup and 3.5" display
Sony Olivine V-mount battery
Sony dual-battery charging station
Sony 32GB SxS-1 memory card
Sony USB 3.0 SxS memory card reader/writer
Sony VCT-FSA5 shoulder mount accessory for handholding the camera documentary-style
Sony hard case for the camera and accessories
Optitek FZ to EF-mount lens adapter with 1/4 stop increment control
Please click on the "In the Box" tab to learn more about these items.
The PMW-F5 features an 8.9 MP Super 35mm image sensor, capable of capturing 2K and HD resolution video via the camera's internal recorder. Sony has designed the F5 as the foundation of a versatile, modular system. A key component of the modular system is the optional Sony AXS-R5 external recorder, which will enable the F5 to capture 4K and 2K files in 16-bit linear RAW. (2K recording, 120 fps 2K, and high bit rate recording modes will require a firmware upgrade. )
Out of the box, the F5 is capable of capturing 1080p video at up to 60 fps. The F5's imaging power is bolstered by exceptional exposure latitude, rated at 14 stops of dynamic range for truly film-like rendering of highlights and shadows. Additional firmware upgrades will enable the SR codec for 10-bit 4:4:4 at up to 440 Mbps.
In keeping with Sony's mandate on versatility, the F5 will feature a native FZ-mount, which will provide an interface for an optional Sony SCL-Z18 x 140 auto focus servo zoom lens as well as a wide range of lens adapters, such as the included PL-mount adapter.
The DVF-L350 LCD viewfinder features a 3.5" display with a 960 x 540 resolution and a flip-up eyecup with an adjustable diopter. The hard case is built ATA tough for shipping and transit. It has an integrated telescoping handle fully recessed into the body of the case, high density wheels, a gasket seal, locking hasp, and custom pre-cut foam for complete protection. The case fits the camera, viewfinder, shoulder mount accessory, an optional AXS-R5 RAW recorder, two batteries, a charger, and more.
- PMW-F5 Camera Kit 1
- The kit includes the Sony PMW-F5 CineAlta Digital Cinema Camera, the Sony DVF-L350 LCD viewfinder and other advanced Sony accessories, and an Optitek FZ to EF-mount lens adapter. The camera natively features an FZ mount and comes supplied with a PL mount adapter. The capability to use FZ, PL, and EF mount lenses will allow compatibility with lenses from Zeiss, Arri, Cooke, and many others.
- 8.9MP Super 35mm CMOS Image Sensor
- With 8.9 effective megapixels (11.6 total MP), the CMOS sensor is capable of true 4K 4096 x 2160 DCI-standard cinema images, as well as super-sampled 2K and HD. The sensor approximates the size of traditional 2-perf, Super 35mm motion picture film, which allows cinematographers to use their favorite lenses without a significant disparity in apparent angle-of-view.
- Internal 2K and HD Recording
- The F5 CineAlta camera incorporates high-speed SxS PRO+ memory card recording that allows the choice of 8-bit MPEG-2 HD422 at 50 Mbps, 10-bit XAVC 2K/HD at 100 Mbps, and SR Codec 10-bit 4:4:4 MPEG4 SStP at 220/440/880 Mbps. Some recording settings will require a free firmware upgrade.
- Dynamic Range Rated at 14 Stops
- The F5 is capable of an impressive 14 stops of exposure latitude, low-light sensitivity and low noise in the blacks. The digital sensor's dynamic range approaches that of traditional motion picture film.
- SxS Pro+ Media Cards
- On-board recording of 2K at 120 frames per second requires high-data-rate recording media. The F5 uses Sony's SxS PRO+ memory cards.
- Long-Life Olivine Battery and Quick Charger
- The F5 takes advantage of Sony's BP-FL75 battery pack, which uses Olivine Lithium Iron Phosphate instead of conventional Lithium Ion cathodes. The result is a substantial increase in charge-discharge cycles, compared to previous Sony batteries. The camera is also compatible with Sony's BP-GL95A, GL65A, L80S, and L60S batteries.
- Intuitive One-Touch Interface
- Designed with significant input from cinematographers, the F5 features an intuitive interface for a range of controls. Instead of diving through menus, you get direct, one-touch access to key shooting parameters including frame rate, shutter speed, color temperature, ISO sensitivity and gamma. Assignable buttons mean that your favorite adjustments are always at your fingertips.
- Wide Choice of Connections
- The F5 offers numerous connections to suit your workflow, including four HD-SDI jacks, HDMI, USB, DC in connection, a removable XLR audio module and a removable time code/genlock module. The XLR inputs accept balanced analog signals, provide 48V phantom power, and will accept four channels of AES/EBU digital audio with an expected firmware upgrade.