The IdeaCentre Horizon 27" Multi-Touch All-in-One Desktop Computer from Lenovo features a 27" touchscreen with 10-point touch support, which allows you to utilize the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory.
The Lenovo Horizon is an all-in-one desktop computer, but it also has a built-in 8-cell lithium-polymer battery so you're not tethered to the power outlet on the wall. With up to 2 hours on a single charge (battery life will vary dependent on usage), you'll be able to move around the home or office without having to shut down and reboot your computer. When you're running low on battery life, you can just plug the Lenovo Horizon into a power outlet to start charging without interrupting your computing experience.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 2.0GHz Intel Core i7-3537U processor. It also has 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 5400rpm hard drive, a 6-in-1 media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam, an integrated microphone and built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Home Theater v4 audio enhancement. A wireless keyboard and mouse are also included.
The Lenovo Horizon comes with the Windows 8 (64-bit) operating system. Windows 8 has a completely redesigned user interface. Instead of being greeted by the usual Start button and taskbar, Windows 8 introduces the Start screen. The Start screen features live tiles, which contain content that update in real time. Windows 8 also seamlessly integrates multi-touch controls with keyboard and mouse use. You can use the traditional tactile keyboard to type and the mouse to navigate through Windows 8 or you can use the virtual touch keyboard as well as multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag and tap.
- Multi-Mode Form Factor
- The Lenovo Horizon is not just an all-in-one desktop computer, it can also be used as a large tablet or a table PC. With a built-in battery, you can be unplugged for up to 2 hours on a single charge (battery life may vary depending on usage). You can use the built-in stand to have it upright like an all-in-one desktop computer or lay it flat parallel to a table so multiple users can interact with the screen. You can also play games with multiple people with the two strikers, two joysticks and e-dice
- Aura Interface
- Two or more users can simultaneously access content via the Aura interface, which shows up when the Lenovo Horizon is laid flat and turns into a table PC. Aura turns the Lenovo Horizon from an all-in-one desktop computer into a multimedia table PC where you can play games, enjoy fun apps and experience multimedia with multiple users
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- The Lenovo Horizon houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3537U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 2.0GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to up to 3.1GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 8GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, the Lenovo Horizon allows you to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 27" Full HD LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The Lenovo Horizon features a 27" touchscreen with 10-point touch support, which allows you to take full advantage of the multi-touch gestures in Windows 8. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory. With the native resolution on the Lenovo Horizon, you'll be able to play Full HD 1080p content without having to upscale. The Lenovo Horizon also has a HDMI-in port so you can use it as a monitor
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M Graphics
- The Lenovo Horizon has a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory. The GeForce GT 620M supports DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 for high performance and GPU-accelerated tessellation. NVIDIA PhysX technology provides a more dynamic and realistic gaming experience while NVIDIA CUDA technology enables the full power of the GeForce GT 620M for graphics-intensive applications, such as photo and video editing
- Wireless Connectivity
- The Lenovo Horizon computer comes with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity so you can connect to any Wi-Fi network, provided you have the required password and authorization. There's also built-in Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you can connect various compatible peripherals, such as a wireless keyboard and mouse. The integrated front-facing webcam and integrated microphone lets you video chat with friends and family with ease
- Dolby Home Theater v4
- The Lenovo Horizon features Dolby Home Theater v4 audio enhancement technology. Dolby Home Theater v4 provides an immersive surround sound experience over the built-in stereo speakers with increased audio clarity and maximized volume output without distortion
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can reach a data transfer speed of 5Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Also, USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you can still use your older USB-compatible devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking and also update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, you'll be able to bring all your personalized Start screens with you by signing into your Microsoft account. When signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it