The ENVY TouchSmart 15-j050us Multi-Touch 15.6" Notebook Computer from HP has a glass fiber chassis, complete with silky soft-touch paint in a natural silver finish. The island-style keyboard features a numeric keypad and comfortable typing. The HP Clickpad supports multi-touch gestures, which makes navigating through Windows 8 a more intuitive experience.
The 15.6" widescreen display is also a touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures integrated in Windows 8 along with the traditional keyboard and touchpad. The screen has a BrightView display with a glossy finish. The display also features LED-backlighting for vibrant color and lower power consumption. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600.
The system is powered by a quad-core Haswell 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor. It also has 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 5400rpm hard drive, a multi-format digital media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Intel WiDi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in quad speakers with dual subwoofers utilizing Beats Audio technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
HP ENVY 15
- Quad-Core Haswell Intel i7 Performance
- The HP ENVY 15 houses a Haswell Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.4GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.4GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The Haswell chip is Intel's fourth generation chip and provides high performance at a low voltage. This helps increase battery life without sacrificing performance. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 8GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 15.6" HD BrightView LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The 15.6" display of this HP notebook is actually a touchscreen, capable of using multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. You'll be able to swipe, tap and zoom your way through the tiles in the Start screen. The screen uses LED backlight technology for lower power consumption and better energy efficiency. The display has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 with up to 1792MB of total shared graphics memory
- Beats Audio
- HP sound engineers collaborated with Dr. Dre, will.i.am and InterScope Records founder Jimmy Iovine to deliver a studio quality audio experience available on a notebook computer today. Exclusive to HP computers, this notebook has integrated speakers with built-in Beats Audio technology. Beats Audio improves sound quality by eliminating electronic background noise, going from mute to maximum volume without flattening out the sound, adding powerful amplifiers for full-bodied sound and a bass boost button for to pump up volume even more. Beats Audio lets you hear and feel the music just as the artist intended
- Intel Wireless Display
- The HP ENVY 15 has a Haswell Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor, which supports Intel Wireless Display (WiDi). WiDi allows you to display what is on your ENVY 15's screen to an external WiDi-compatible display wirelessly. You'll need the latest drivers and firmware updates on both your ENVY 15 and the display you want to output video to. Some HDTVs come with WiDi built-in while others may require a WiDi TV adapter
- Stay Connected
- Access the Internet with a fast wired connection using the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack. If you want to go wireless, you can use 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Bluetooth support allows you to connect Bluetooth-compatible devices, such as a Bluetooth mouse, to your ENVY 15 wirelessly. A built-in HP TrueVision HD Webcam with an integrated digital microphone puts you face-to-face with friends or colleagues. Capture high quality HD videos or photos and send them to friends or post them on Facebook directly
- Going Green in Style
- Enjoy a glass fiber chassis with a natural silver finish on the HP ENVY 15. The HP ENVY 15 is Energy Star certified and EPEAT Silver registered for excellent energy efficiency. It also has a mercury-free LED display, arsenic-free display glass, and free recycling for your old computer hardware to promote a green, eco-friendly lifestyle
- HP Technology
HP provides you with several unique technologies to keep your ENVY 15 running efficiently:
- HP CoolSense keeps your notebook cool
- HP ProtectSmart keeps your notebook's hard drive safe from accidental bumps and bruises
- HP SimplePass allows you to access online accounts with just a swipe of a finger
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration Between Touch, Keyboard & Mouse
- Windows 8 supports computers with capacitive touchscreens, so you can use your keyboard, mouse or just your fingers. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. On touch-enabled computers, Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it