The MFC-J870DW Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer from Brother prints up to 12 pages per minute in black and 10 pages per minute in color (ISO). The printer's 6000 x 1200 dpi is ideal for printing documents, photos, and brochures. In addition to a standard paper tray, the printer has a dedicated photo paper tray that holds 4.0 x 6.0" photo paper so you can easily switch to printing photos. Additionally, you can print on a CD or DVD to create your own customized discs without using cumbersome labels. The 4-cartridge ink system means you only have to replace the cartridge that runs out while auto duplex printing cuts your paper consumption by up to 50%.
The built-in scanner features a 1200 x 2400 dpi optical resolution. The scan glass itself handles paper sizes up to letter / A4 while the 20-sheet automatic document feeder accepts paper up to 8.5 x 14". Additionally, the MFC-J870DW can copy multipage documents via the ADF. The copier lets you resize the original anywhere from 25 to 400%, copy both sides of an ID onto 1 page, and 2-in-1 or 4-in-1 copying.
The fax modem supports sending faxes from the machine itself or from a connected computer. The machine includes a built-in 200 page fax memory that saves incoming faxes. Additionally, the MFC-J870DW includes fax broadcasting, forwarding (B&W only), auto redial, and a 250-number address book.
In addition to a USB connection, the MFC-J870DW has both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity. Additionally, you can print via Google Cloud Print and AirPrint as well as from Android and iOS devices using the Brother iPrint&Scan app. The front-facing USB port and memory card slots allow you to print from and scan to a flash drive or SD, Memory Stick and MMC cards. The web-connected 2.7" color touchscreen LCD provides easy navigation between the unit's functions and lets you print directly from sites such as Facebook, Google Docs, and Evernote from the printer.
- Easy wireless & wired Ethernet setup, printing, and scanning
- The TouchPanel displays only the relevant keys and allows you to create shortcuts for frequently used functions
- Easily replace only the ink cartridge that runs out with the front-loading 4-cartridge ink system
- Print wirelessly from a mobile device via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan app, Cortado Workplace, or Wi-Fi Direct
- Near Field Communication connectivity lets you "touch to connect" from most NFC-capable mobile devices
- Web-based Brother Cloud Apps let you capture and convert documents directly from your machine
- Use the LCD TouchPanel to access and print from Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox, Box, and other sites
- Automatic duplex printing reduces paper consumption by up to 50%
- Save scans as JPEG, TIFF and PDF files
- Scan to email, memory cards and OCR
- Print directly on an inkjet-printable CD, DVD, or Blu-ray
- Optional high yield ink cartridges lower the cost per page