The Tilta Universal Handgrip from ikan is a flexible handgrip system that attaches to either 15 mm lightweight or 19mm studio support rods. It consists of a rod bridge and two handgrips. Each handgrip consists of one 90° bend, a short extension, and a rubber hand grip. Each component of the handgrip assembly can be removed, and you can configure the system to suit your needs.
The rod bridge features a single knob that tightens/loosens the rod clamps so it is quick to mount or remove. The assembled system has six points of adjustment, three for each hand, so you can configure the handgrips so they are the most comfortable for you. The adjustment points feature Arri compatible rosettes and spring loaded locking levers. The rubber handgrips provide you with a comfortable sure grip.
- The handgrip mounts to either 19 mm studio support rods or lightweight 15 mm support rods without having to use adapters or changing out support bridges. This allows you to use the same handgrip system that easily moves from one system to another.
- The supports can be positioned to almost any available position on the support rods, so you can adjust the position to give you the optimal mix of balance, support, and comfort.
- The rosettes allow you to adjust the rig in almost limitless positions. Each component can be separated at the rosettes and allowing you to custom configure the system based on the needs of the shot.
- The handgrip clamps onto the rods, so it is easy to put on and remove. Unlike grips that slide onto the rods, it pops onto the rods, so it is easy to change its position on the rods without having to remove the mattebox, follow focus, or lens supports.
- The Arri rosettes allow you to use available Arri handgrips or other available accessories that feature Arri compatible rosettes with this unit if you wish.
- You can also use the components of this system to expand the capabilities of cameras and other supports that feature Arri compatible rosettes.
- The locking levers are spring loaded, and this allows you to loosen or tighten them fully, even if you cannot rotate them a full 360°.
- The rubber handgrips are textured and feature the Tilta name impressed into the grip providing a slip resistant surface.