The Philips 4GB Voice Tracer 3400 Digital Recorder lets you record notes and documents on-the-go. It supports both stereo MP3 and stereo PCM (WAV) recording formats, which enables you to utilize a variety of bit-rates ranging from 8 to 1411 kbps. It also features 4GB of built-in NAND flash memory, a micro-USB 2.0 port for high-speed data transfers, a voice volume indicator and a microSD card slot that supports up to 32GB of memory expansion.
The VoiceTracer 3400 is equipped with low-noise, high-sensitivity dual stereo microphones, a 3.5mm microphone input and a 3.5mm headphone output as well. For added convenience in the field, a built-in 300mW front speaker facilitates immediate playback of recent voice recordings. It's also outfitted with ClearVoice technology that enhances the quieter voices that are more difficult to hear. Plus, for hands-free operation, the device supports voice-activated recording. When voice-activation is engaged, the device will automatically begin recording as soon as it detects a voice. When that voice stops, the recording will stop. If the voice begins again, the recording will begin again until the feature is switched off.
The Voice Tracer 3400 also features an easy-to-read, backlit 1.5" dot matrix display and instant one-touch recording that lets you start a recording even when the whole device is powered off. All you have to do is hold down the record button for a moment and when the unit turns on it will instantly start recording. Other features include a calendar search function, AutoAdjust recording and a keypad lock that protects your files when you're away from the recorder. The recorder ships with a USB cable and two rechargeable AAA NiMH batteries that support up to 48 hours of recording when using the LP mode.
- Built-In HQ Stereo Microphones
- This model features built-in low-noise HQ stereo microphones designed to produce clear, high-quality recordings. The recording sensitivity has been increased as well, thus picking up more voice signal without compromising sound quality.
- Metal Microphone Grille
- A well-engineered microphone grille is able to make a good microphone stand out even more. The Voice Tracer's built-in metal grille will help promote clear recordings.
- Integrated Fold-Out Stand
- With the integrated fold-out stand on the backside of the Voice Tracer you can conveniently position your voice recorder towards the sound source.
- Stereo MP3 Recording for Crystal Clear Playback
- The Voice Tracer captures all recordings in stereo and the popular MP3 format, the common audio format for consumer audio storage, as well as a de facto standard encoding for the transfer and playback of recordings. It also supports WAV format recording as well.
- Voice-Activation Function for Hands-Free Recording
- Voice-activated recording is a convenience feature for hands-free recording. When enabled, recording will start automatically when you start speaking. Recording stops automatically after you stop speaking and restarts automatically when you start speaking again.
- One-Touch Operation for Instant Recording
- Press and hold the record button for a moment to switch the Voice Tracer on and then start recording instantly.
- 4GB Memory
- With 4GB of built-in NAND flash memory, your Voice Tracer is able to capture up to 1140 hours of continuous recording.
- MicroSD Memory Card Slot for Virtually Unlimited Recording
- The Voice Tracer supports virtually unlimited recording capacity thanks to a microSD memory card slot that supports up to 32GB of additional memory.
- Large Display for Clear Recording Status Information
- The 112 x 112 high-resolution LCD dot matrix 1.5" display supports English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish and Simplified Chinese, and it also provides clear recording status information.
- Rechargeable AAA NiMH Batteries
- This Voice Tracers come with dual rechargeable AAA NiMH batteries for hours of continuous recording. Additionally, you can help protect the environment by simply recharging the batteries using the USB cable instead of continually buying batteries.
- Extra Long 48 Hour Battery Runtime
- The Voice Tracer's included rechargeable AAA NiMH batteries last for up to 48 hours for extra long recording sessions when using the LP recording mode.
- Plug and Play with Windows, Mac OS & Linux
- The Voice Tracer provides plug and play compatibility with Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
- ClearVoice sound enhancement for clear and natural reproduction of speech
- AutoAdjust recording mode provides automatic sound parameter settings
- A calendar search function helps you quickly find all your recordings
- A keypad lock keeps your recordings safe and secure when you're away from the recorder
- Supports variable playback speed
- Recorder is optimized for both notes and conversations
- Features a voice volume indicator and a record monitor function
- Recorder has a file overwrite and append mode
- Equipped with a silent recording mode and pre-recording mode
- Mass storage class compliant and firmware upgradeable
- Recorder features ID3 tag support
- This is a lead-free soldered product