The standard lens for many professional sports and nature photographers. The latest image-stabilized version of the 400mm f/2.8L is the best yet, with better handling, lighter weight and the world's fastest AF speed among 400mm f/2.8 lenses. Durability and weather resistance are world class. A complete redesign of optics has resulted in Canon's best image quality ever in a 400mm lens.
- Flourite & UD elements eliminate secondary spectrum chromatic aberration
- Full-time manual focus override
- AF Stop function shuts off autofocus when an obstruction appears
- Dust & moisture resistance made exceptional by magnesium alloy lens barrel and new rear gasket at lens mount
- Two-stage image stabilization; dual-axis camera shake correction or vertical axis only(for panning)
- 3-stage focus limiter
- Focus preset function allows for returning to a specifically set focus by turning a ring in front of the focus ring