Take control of sound and vision with the DCR-VX2100 3 CCD camcorder, offering the brightest video results of all Sony's Mini DV models. With its Advanced HAD progressive scan CCD technology, illumination is improved. Delivers low light performance without the use of infrared technology. By increasing the CCD's sensitivity to light, clearer video with more lifelike color can be captured.
Aspherical lens, dual position neutral density filter and advanced optical picture stabilization minimize image distortion. Additionally, the camcorder includes a built-in lens cap to protect the lens..
- Aspherical Ground Glass Lens
- Professional quality Optics provides exceptional detail and clarity that reduces optical distortion, and provides better corner to corner focus.
- Advanced HAD CCD
- 3x 1/3" Advanced HAD CCD's (380,000 pixels) high quality HAD design CCD imager reduces noise in the video signal to improve the signal-to-noise ratio.
- PCM Stereo Audio
Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) recording for an incredible 96db dynamic range.
Provides two recording modes: 12 and 16-bit audio. 12-bit creates two sets of stereo tracks, and 16-bit mode offers one pair of stereo tracks.
- Analog-to-Digital Conversion with Pass-Through
- The camcorder's analog inputs feature a built-in Analog-to-Digital converter that will convert your analog video/audio to a digital signal that can either be recorded to tape or passed through the i.Link interface to a compatible computer.
- Optical Super Steady Shot Picture Stabilization
- Eliminates high frequency shake and vibration without compromising any picture quality. Uses motion sensors and a floating lens for better performance, even in difficult shooting situations.
- LCD Screen
- The enhanced LCD provides excellent viewing clarity with 211,000 pixels. The hybrid system allows for increased visibility in challenging lighting situations, such as bright sunlight.
- Precision Color Viewfinder
With the incorporated 180,000 pixels, you will have a clear full color view of video subjects.
The viewfinder, eyecup and window size of the magnifier have been enlarged for a more comfortable viewing experience.
- Interval Recording
- Allows the user to record video in preset intervals that range from every 30 sec, 1, 5, 10 minutes for selectable lengths of .5, 1, 1.5 or 2 seconds.
- Frame Recording
- Allows the recordings of any individual frame of the 30 frames that make up one second of video.
- Digital Still Camera
- DSC function allows you to capture VGA (640 x 480) resolution JPEG file digital still images, and store them onto the Memory Stick digital media.
- Progressive Shutter System
- Mechanical shutter system that provides Progressive Scan performance while utilizing an interlace scanning system. Digital still images will be sharp and clear with excellent definition.
- 16:9 Widescreen Recording
- Allows the user to record in a widescreen or letterbox aspect ratio. When used with a 16:9 widescreen compatible TV, the camcorder is able to display a similar aspect ratio to that of popular films - without having to crop off the top and bottom and losing important data and resolution.
- Intelligent Accessory Shoe
Provides power, on/off and special operational commands to a variety of Sony intelligent accessories via an 8-pin interface.
This enables easy synchronized operation between the camcorder and accessories such as video lights, infrared lights and microphones, without additional batteries or cables.
- Handle Mounted Controls
- The handle is ergonomically designed for the one-handed operation of a filmmaker who needs mobility and control when recording at challenging angles. By enlarging and adding zoom and record/stop buttons directly to the handle - in addition to identical buttons on the body - the camcorder is effective for capturing low angled shots and can be easily manipulated in tight shooting spaces.
- Protect The Optics
- The lens hood is supplied and integrates a built-in lens cap. By using the lever on the side of the hood, the lens cap can be easily opened or closed when rushing to the next location.