With an improved feature set devised to satisfy the most demanding engineers the AKG C 414B/XL2 carries the legacy of the famed C 414B/TLII microphone. The sonic character of the original C 414B/TLII remains unaltered, however added features include improved sensitivity, low self noise, 5 switchable polar patterns, 3 bass cut filters and improved capsule suspension. In addition, colored LED's provide visual indication of polar pattern, bass cut frequency and proper microphone positioning. The polar pattern LED will dim when signal is considered too far off-axis for the perspective pattern.
AKG's 1 inch CK12 dual diaphragm is directly modeled after the legendary C12, combined with solid-state transformer-less circuitry, the dual diaphragm design provides an even greater combination of warmth and presence. The provided switchable polar patterns are omni-directional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hyper-cardioid and figure eight, making the microphone suitable for recording single or multiple singers, a vast array of instruments and ambiance.
- Improved Sensitivity and Low Self Noise
- Although the sonic character of the original C 414 series remains intact, improvements in sensitivity result in improved signal to noise ratio and self noise.
- Improved SPL and Dynamic Range
- Improved SPL rating of 158dB, results in better reproduction of transient peaks without distortion caused by overload.
- 5 Switchable Polar Patterns
- Omni-directional, cardioid, wide-cardioid, hyper-cardioid and figure eight are all user selectable.
- 3 Low Cut Filter Settings
- 3 low cut filter settings further minimize noise below 40, 80 and 160Hz frequency ranges.
- 3 Selectable Pre Attenuation Pad Settings
- -6dB, -12dB and -18dB pre attenuation pad settings improve dynamic range and allow capturing of signals rich in transient response.
- Bi-Colored LED Indicators
- All switched feature position LED indication. The polar pattern LED will dim whenever the signal is considered of-axis, improving microphone positioning.
- Immune to Electro-Magnetic Interference
- All internal electronics are now immune to electro-magnetic and electro-static interference caused by digital gear.
- Improved Capsule Shock-Mount
- The capsule rests on an improved shock mount design, minimizing structure noise and providing added protection to the capsule.