The Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Printer uses long-lasting, dye-based inks and produces brilliant, gallery quality prints up to 13 x 19 inches on a variety of specialty media and fine art papers. It uses Canon's high-performance, high-density 6,144 nozzle FINE print head to deposit precise and constant 2-picoliter ink droplets, delivering approximately 11-million droplets per square inch, to produce impressively detailed prints with remarkable quality and speed. The ChromaLife100 ink system combines the benefits of dye-based ink, Canon photo paper and FINE print head technology to produce long-lasting, beautiful prints. With an 8-color dye ink system, the Pro9000 produces a wide color space that rivals positive film and delivers vivid coloration and high glossiness. Indeed, the combination of the individually packaged inks (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Photo Cyan, Photo Magenta, Black, Red, and Green) and Canon Photo Paper Pro glossy stock creates beautiful finished images.
While the PIXMA Pro9000 printer borrows design elements from Canon's digital SLR line: curved edges reminiscent of the lines on Canon digital SLRs and 'pro-black' pebble finish, the Canon-to Canon synergy is not limited to style, color and curves. The EOS 30D Digital SLR connects directly with this printer via a PictBridge connection powering its advanced camera direct capabilities. This feature permits manual adjustment of color or black and white images from the camera's LCD screen all without the need of a computer connection or additional image management software. Professional users can now adjust contrast, color tone, saturation, color balance, and even add shooting information directly on to their prints. The Canon-to-Canon direct connection simplifies the professional photographers' workflow.
Furthermore, it is bundled with Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software - a plug-in software program for Adobe applications Photoshop CS and Photoshop CS2, and Canon Digital Photo Pro (DPP) version 2.1, which permits one-click image transfer; offers simple settings for color management and allows users to configure printer settings once for images on multiple sheets. Among its myriad other features, the Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software facilitates the printing of RAW images (as a high quality TIFF or JPEG) without having to save from DPP software, and also creates pattern prints that demonstrates different color balance, brightness, and contrast than the original image and prints them on a sheet of paper for easy comparison.
- High Quality Results
- With a print resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 color dpi and Canon's advanced MicroFine Droplet Technology which uses a revolutionary nozzle system that ejects consistent prescribed-volume droplets as small as 2 picoliters - you'll get photo prints with remarkable detail that rival professional photo lab prints and text that is laser sharp.
- 8 Color ChromaPLUS Ink System
- The 8 color ChromaPLUS ink system is designed to extend your color reproduction range significantly and reproduce colors that before now could only be printed professionally.
- Fast Printing
- Produce a photo lab quality 11" x 14" color photo in approximately 1 minute 23 seconds.
- 8 Individual Ink Tanks
- The Canon Think Tank System featuring individual ink tanks combined with an intelligent ink management system lets you replace only the color that runs out, rather than an entire multi-ink cartridge containing unused ink, helping to reduce waste and save you money. A unique low-ink sensor alerts you when ink levels are low, so you can drop in a new tank and avoid running out of ink unexpectedly.
- Long Life Prints
- The ChromaLife100 ink system provides beautiful photos that can last up to 100 years - without fading or color shift - even when displayed.
- Supports an Extensive Range of Fine Art Papers
- Besides being able to print on all of the canon photo papers, the printer produces unsurpassed results with a full range of fine art paper products including PCM DEEP PV "hakou" papers, ARCHES Pure White Soft papers, CANSON Mi-Teintes and Canvas papers, and Hahnemule Torchon, and William Turner papers.
- Advanced Drivers and Software Included
- You have a range of professional printer features available when using the included Easy-PhotoPrint Pro Plug-in software for Adobe Photoshop CS/CS2, and there is an updated Canon print driver that provides advanced color controls, to get the most vibrant and accurate color in your prints.
- Direct Photo Printing From PictBridge-Compatible Digital Cameras
- Just plug in a select Canon Direct-Print digital camera or PictBridge supported digital camera, and you'll instantly have complete control of the Printers' customized functions including automatic printing using DPOF, index printing, partial image printing, multiple copy printing, exact size printing and more. It's amazingly simple because you operate it all straight from your camera. You can even add a date stamp - All without ever touching a computer. There is also expanded editing capability when using the Canon EOS D30 Digital SLR.