From capturing images to digital editing and printing your work, you can rely on consistent, accurate color throughout your studio and digital workflow with the DataColor Spyder3Elite. The Spyder3 is the only colorimeter available on the market offering a seven detector color engine, with an aperture several times larger than other devices, thereby increasing its light sensitivity by 400 percent for increased accuracy and performance. This ensures consistent color on all LCD, CRT, laptop and front projector displays.
Among its most innovative features is a proofing capability called SpyderProof that brings an impressive level of color control to any digital workflow. SpyderProof enables professionals to evaluate calibration with a before and after mode. Professionals can view four quadrants of thematic photos to specifically evaluate saturated colors, skin tones, gradients, and black and white images to ensure the desired calibration results.
As compared to its award-winning predecessor Spyder2, the Spyder3 offers a sleeker design that's 37 percent smaller and incorporates third-generation Spyder technology. The updated form factor includes an embedded ambient light detector and desktop cradle that doubles as a tripod mount. It also includes an easy-to-use, photo-centric user interface with features that photographers and creative professionals need.
Designed for the way photographers work, the Spyder3 Elite is the next generation in calibration accuracy, precision and speed, allowing you to create profiles to your specifications and bring an unprecedented level of color control to your work.
- Third Generation Spyder Technology
- The Spyder3 colorimeter is based on a state-of-the-art optical design, using a 7-detector color engine and a very large light aperture, providing unrivaled performance. In conjunction with the patented filter array and embedded ambient light sensor, the Spyder3 provides industry-leading performance for the precision calibration of LCD, CRT, projector and notebook displays.
- Elegant Form and Function
- With a unique fusion of design excellence and functionality, the Spyder3 offers a small footprint, embedded ambient light sensor, and LED indicator. The desktop cradle can be used for storage, ambient light monitoring, or tripod attachment, and the three attachment methods - large area suction cup, counterweight, or tripod mount - can be used interchangeably to suit the needs of any photographer.
- Designed for Photographers
- The Spyder3 has increased light sensitivity by 400% as compared to the previous edition, and also features the largest screen sample area or aperture in the industry resulting in improved accuracy on LCD screens and a faster calibration time.
- Super-Fast ReCAL
- ReCAL reduces full calibration time by more than half allowing you to quickly and easily re-calibrate on a more frequent basis or before any important shoot or post-production project.
- Intelligent Ambient Light Control
- Embedded with a next-generation, high precision sensor, Spyder3 automatically measures the ambient light within a room for a new level of precision calibration. Spyder3 provides you with options to change either your studio lighting or display profile if the ambient light changes. Maintaining a history log of lighting conditions, Spyder3 can intelligently discern true lighting changes from random fluctuations caused by studio flashes or shadows.
- Unlimited Calibration Targets
- Unlimited, user-defined choices for white point, gamma, white luminance, and black luminance give you full control of your digital color workflow. This means that discerning professionals can tune their calibration to optimize shadow detail, studio light or lightbox matching, and destination output device.
- Custom Black and White Luminance Control
- This essential tool for studio matching allows precision control of a monitors black and white luminance, so that professionals can achieve the ultimate in calibration accuracy and screen matching.
- Expert Console
- The Expert Console is the professional's choice for precise color calibration by putting all of the calibration parameters and actions in one comprehensive window. This means that power users can by-pass the step-by-step wizard and get right down to business.
- StudioMatch Assistant
- StudioMatch Assistant gides you through calibrating all of your studio displays to a single calibration target, and accounts for each display's white and black luminance as well as studio light conditions. This means that you can rely on consistent and accurate color and luminance on all the displays in your studio. In addition, the Display Assistant allows you to enter all of the model-specific information for each of your displays and stores them, saving you time on all future calibrations.
- L-Star Calibration Option
- Using patented L-Star Technology as an alternative to typical gamma settings; you can generate unique tonal response curves for open shadows and detailed highlights. This is especially useful for photographers using L-Star workflows.
- SpyderCertification Option
- This unique feature enforces consistent calibration standards and settings for all subscribed displays, and a warning appears when a display's calibration is out of date or incorrect. Any screen with the SpyderCertified icon is assured of being current and accurate.
- Support for Next Generation Displays
- The patented Spyder3 optical design and color engine enable precise calibration and profiling of the latest in wide gamut, LED backlight and AdobeRGB displays.
- Display History Utility
- Track critical monitor attributes including white luminance color primaries - the Spyder3Elite provides white luminance trend recording - a very useful tool to track your displays' performance over time.
- Front Projector Calibration Option
- The Spyder3Elite calibration system can calibrates front projectors - giving you the confidence to present and show your work on projected screens with excellent color fidelity.
- SpyderProof Function
- Evaluate your calibration in before and after mode using four quadrants of thematic photos targeting Saturated Colors, Skin Tones, Gradients and Black & White. Zoom in on any photo to scrutinize highlights, shadow detail, color or tonal response. Softproof the images using your own custom profiles. Designed for the way photographers work, SpyderProof brings you a new level of color control to help you achieve color excellence.
- Native Gamma Calibration Option
- Advanced feature allows calibration of monitors to Native Gamma, or White Balanced Native Gamma.
- On Screen Spot Color Measurement
- This is an advanced feature that allows you to take custom measurements of any spot color on the display for analysis and comparison.
- Cross-platform Compatibility
- Spyder3 software runs on today's popular hardware and software platforms, including Windows, Macintosh and even Intel based Macintosh systems, and is the only calibration product that works efficiently on any computer, running Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows XP (32/64) & Vista (32/64).