The Gitzo GT3541L Series 3 Mountaineer 6X Carbon Fiber Long Tripod Legs is a full eye-level height, four-section tripod that uses advanced "Carbon 6X" carbon fiber material for its leg construction. This improved tubing is stronger than its 12 layer predecessor. Although the tubing is lighter, it still offers the same resistance to vibration. Carbon "6X" is manufactured using a complex, 3-D process weaving six layers of carbon fiber into smooth, solidly constructed tubes.
This lightweight tripod (4.7 lb, 2.1 kg) extends to a full height of 71.3" (181 cm) and the legs can be spread to a minimum height of 6.3", (16 cm) for ground-level shooting. The center column locking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly, and it can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
The GT3541L is ideal for use with professional equipment, medium format cameras, and SLRs with a 300mm lens up to 400mm maximum. It offers an excellent load capacity rating of 39.6 lb (18kg) and good torsional rigidity.
- Improved Leg Spread
- This tripod has been improved with a third ultra-low leg spread to take full advantage of the Ground Level Set.
- Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) System
- The Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the tripod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.
- G-Lock Design
- The G-Lock mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- Redesigned Upper Discs & Bolts
- This tripod features completely redesigned upper discs and bolts. The discs, which are composed of aluminum, feature a safe lock material that reduces vibrations and improves head locking. The improved high-grade stainless steel bolt design prevents it from dropping inside the column when adjusted, and makes controlling the tread length stress-free. The redesigned bolts are also corrosion and oxidation resistant.
- Ground-Level Set
- This feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. The upper disk is removed from the center column and inserted directly into the upper casting using the column hook. No tools required.
- 1mm Gitzo 6X Carbon Fiber Tube
- Gitzo was able to develop a six-crossed multilayer carbon fiber 30% lighter than the previous 1.5mm generation that features the same exceptional performance of stability and vibration absorption and unbeatable quality.
- Redesigned built-in, spring-loaded retractable hook on the bottom of the center column provides a place to hang a stabilizing counterweight such as camera, sand or water bags.
- Removable Leg Tips
- Removable rubber leg tips are interchangeable with Gitzo universal accessories such as the big foot, long spike, etc.
- Rapid Column
- Grooved Rapid center column, with locking collar, for improved stability.