The DR-100 from Tascam is a professional-quality portable digital field recorder designed for musicians, journalists, and more. The unit has 4 built-in microphones, 2 cardioid and 2 omnidirectional, with analog limiting and filtering features to provide excellent audio quality. Dual XLR inputs with +48V phantom power allow you to connect your favorite external condenser mics. Line in and out 3.5mm connectors allow you to connect additional sound sources, mixers, or speakers.
The DR-100 can record MP3 or WAV files to SD card flash media for stable and secure storage that's also easy to share. The USB port makes it easy to transfer files to your Mac or PC for editing and sharing on the web. A built-in speaker allows you to play back recordings for a small group, and a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack lets you listen privately.
The DR-100 includes a rechargeable Li-ion battery to provide a long operating life. It can also run on standard AA batteries or an AC adapter (sold separately). An integrated mount allows you to attach the recorder to a standard mic stand: while the included wireless remote lets you start recordings from a distance.
- Compact Design
- The compact and robust design of the DR-100 makes it easy to take virtually anywhere
- High-Quality Audio
- You can record and play high-quality WAV or MP3 files
- Stable Recording Media
- Inexpensive and widely available SD flash memory cards provide a stable recording platform
- Built-in Microphones
- The 4 built-in mics, 2 cardioid and 2 omnidirectional, with analog limiting and filtering, provide crisp, clear audio
- Dual XLR Jacks
- The dual XLR jacks provide +48V phantom power, allowing you to connect your favorite external condenser mics
- Line I/O
- Line-level 3.5mm input and output jacks let you connect additional equipment
- Listening Options
- You can listen to your recordings via the built-in speaker or the 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- USB Connection
- The USB port makes it easy to upload your recordings to a Mac or PC for editing or sharing on the web
- Power Options
- The recorder includes a rechargeable Li-ion battery, but can also operate on standard AA batteries or an AC adapter 1
- Wireless Remote
- The included wireless remote lets you start recordings from a distance
- The integrated mount allows you to attach the recorder to a standard microphone stand