The Leica X1 Digital Compact Camera with an Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 ASPH. Lens is light, compact and equipped with a 12.2 megapixel CMOS sensor in APS-C format, as found in much larger DSLR cameras.
The Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 ASPH. non-interchangeable lens has 8 elements in 6 groups (1 Aspheric lens) and enables manual focusing or precise autofocus with automatic exposure, ensuring photographers perfectly exposed, sharp images with a press of the shutter release. Its wide-angle creates sufficient distance when needed and also lets shooters to get in close to pick out the details in a scene.
Its CMOS sensor helps to yield low noise levels for effective low-light and indoor photography without a flash, high dynamic range and accurate color differentiation. The crop factor of the sensor is 1.5 in comparison with 35mm film format, which means the lens has an effective (35mm equivalent) focal length of approximately 35mm.
A 2.7" LCD with 230,000 pixels and a 100% field of view, almost fills the entire back of the camera and enables the Live Mode and precision focusing. Users can also view and compose their images using the Leica 35mm viewfinder (optional) which fits into the accessory shoe on top of the camera body and also saves battery power.
The camera records both JPEG and DNG file formats and registered owners can download a copy of Adobe Lightroom 4 to process the camera's DNG raw files. With legendary Leica precision engineering, the X1 is compact (2.4 x 4.9") and lightweight (only 10 oz), and features a design reminiscent of M-series rangefinders.
- Large CMOS Sensor
- The X1 is built around a 12.2MP CMOS image sensor that's as large (23.6 x 15.8mm) as those in high-quality SLRs.
- The Leica Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 ASPH.
- The Leica Elmarit 24 mm f/2.8 ASPH. is a true Leica non-interchangeable lens with superior optical performance. When seen in terms of 35-mm film format, it has a focal length of 35mm.
- Complete Control
- In Automatic Mode, the camera takes control quickly providing settings for precise exposures. With analog-style manual controls, using the wheels on top of the camera, photographer can adjust shutter speed and aperture.
- 2.7" Display
- The bright 2.7" display of the X1 almost fills the entire back of the camera and reveals the finest details even in bright surroundings.
- Live View
- The live-view function replaces an optical viewfinder and shows an accurate preview with all essential image information. The Live Mode also makes the X1 particularly versatile for shots taken from unusual perspectives.
- Precision Autofocus
- The autofocus of the X1 provides fast, precision focusing enabling photographers a choice of 1 or 11 AF segments and an additional high-speed mode for each.
- Face Detection Technology
- When taking photos of people, face-recognition mode allows users complete concentration on the composition and framing of the picture.
- Universal Formats
- The X1 transforms image data into JPEG files for immediate use or photographers can choose to save images in the Adobe Digital Negative (DNG), a format that allows image-relevant exploitation of all the benefits of the recorded sensor data.
- Retractable Flash
- The LEICA X1 features a retractable flash, which serves as a main flash but can also be used as a fill-in flash and can be synchronized to the second shutter curtain. If more power and flexibility is required, the Leica SF 24D and SF 58 system flash units (not included) are also compatible.
- Workflow Solution
- With Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4, a professional digital workflow solution, also available as an online download free of charge for all Leica X1 customers. It helps keep files organized and can process the X1 DNG raw files.
- Precision Engineering
- Product of 100-years of German engineering experience.
- 2-Year International Warranty