The Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) incorporates a number of advanced pro DSLR features in a compact, and very affordable camera body. Driven by a DIGIC 4 image processor, the T2i contains a high-resolution 18.0 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, and can capture JPEGs, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), or RAW+JPEG stills at burst rates of up to 3.7 frames-per-second. The EOS Reel T2i can also capture Full 1080p HD video with monaural sound, or stereo sound when using (optional) 3.5mm external microphones.
In addition to the camera's bright eye-level optical reflex viewfinder, the Rebel T2i also features Advanced Live View (with dedicated Live view/Movie button) for composing and editing your stills and video using the T2i's 3.0" Clear View LCD, which contains a whopping 1.04 million dots of resolving power.
Additional image enhancing tools include Auto Lighting Optimizer and Highlight Tone, which further improve detail in the highlight, mid-tone, and shadow areas in both stills and videos. As you'd expect there's also a 3-point Dust Deletion System and the option of shooting in either sRGB or Adobe RGB.
Videophiles will appreciate the Rebel T2i's Improved EOS Movie mode that allows for full manual exposure control, expanded recording 1920 x 1080 (Full HD), 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 1280 x 720 (HD), 60p (59.94) / 50p, 640 x 480 (SD), 60p (59.94) / 50p), Movie Crop recording in 640 x 480, and an external microphone IN terminal for improved sound quality.
An enhanced 63-zone dual-layer metering system and a 9-point AF system featuring a precision f/2.8 cross-type center point enable rapid focusing and accurate exposures. For low-light shooting, the Rebel T2i features an ISO range of 100-6400, which can be expanded to an equivalent of 12800 when necessary, and there's a Quick Control Screen that enables easy access to frequently used settings.
The Canon EOS Rebel T2i records imagery onto a choice of SD memory card, SDHC memory card, or SDXC Memory Cards and powers off an LP-E8 lithium-ion battery, which is good for up to 550 still exposures or 1 hour and 40 minutes of video recording. The EOS Rebel T2i is compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S optics.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor for High Image Quality and Speed.
The EOS Rebel T2i has an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) sensor that captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range and offers more than enough resolution for big enlargements or crops. This first-class sensor features many of the same new technologies as used by professional Canon cameras to maximize each pixel's light-gathering efficiency. Its APS-C size sensor creates an effective 1.6x field of view (compared to 35mm format).
The Canon DIGIC 4 Image Processor dramatically speeds up the entire EOS Rebel T2i's camera operations for intuitive operation and offers improvements in both fine detail and natural color reproduction. It works in concert with the EOS Rebel T2i's CMOS Image Sensor to achieve phenomenal levels of performance in nearly any situation.
- ISO 100-6400 (Expandable to 12800) for Shooting from Bright to Dim Light.
- The EOS Rebel T2i features an expanded ISO range that makes shooting possible in situations previously unthinkable without flash. With an ISO rating up to 6400 (expandable to ISO 12800), along with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor's improved noise-reduction technology, creative possibilities abound. Combine the EOS Rebel T2i with one of Canon's EF or EF-S lenses with Optical Image Stabilizer and the shooting possibilities for both movies and stills expand even further.
- Movie Mode Has Manual Exposure Control, Expanded Recording, and Movie Crop Recording
- Designed for the evolving, tech-savvy user, the EOS Rebel T2i features HD Video capture technologies - manual exposure control for more creative control, for example - borrowed directly from professional Canon SLRs to capture stellar video with all the benefits of shooting with an SLR. By shooting video with the EOS Rebel T2i, photographers as well as filmmakers can take advantage of the creative features native to SLR cameras. Along with its manual controls, the EOS Rebel T2i allows for full use of Canon EF and EF-S lenses, including Macro and Fisheye, providing a plethora of shooting options once reserved only for still photography. The resulting HD video is a standout with its beautiful depth-of-field characteristics and remarkable capture capability under poor lighting conditions. In a first for EOS cameras, a Movie Crop function is included: An SD-quality movie (640 x 480) can be cropped to the equivalent of about 7x magnification of regular shooting. Video can be captured at a number of resolutions and frame rates for numerous applications. It can capture 1920 x 1080 Full HD video at frame rates of 24 (23.976), 25 or 30 (29.97) frames per second, for up to 4GB per clip. Movies are saved as MOV files and can be viewed in Full HD through the EOS Rebel T2i's HDMI output. Other recording sizes include HD at 1280 x 720 (50/60 (59.94) fps) or SD/VGA at 640 x 480 (50/60 (59.94) fps). The EOS Rebel T2i has a built-in microphone for simple mono recording and stereo sound can be recorded through a self-powered external microphone.
- Enhanced iFCL 63-Zone, Dual-Layer Metering System and 9-Point AF System
- The EOS Rebel T2i features Canon's newest Dual-layer sensor, with 63 zones. By measuring not only the amount of light, but also taking into account color and luminosity, this new system delivers a very high level of accuracy for better results every time. Since the metering sensor has a color measurement function, exposure errors and focus errors caused by different light sources are minimized; the EOS Rebel T2i gives stable exposure from shot to shot in situations where light changes, such as sports on a cloudy day, or indoor holiday scenes. Additionally, the EOS Rebel T2i has a high-precision, 9-point AF system utilizing a high-precision, f/2.8 cross-type center point. The 9-point AF system uses both normal and high-precision focus depending on the aperture and available light. The 9 focus points can be chosen automatically or manually selected.
- Wide 3.0-Inch (3:2 Aspect Ratio) Clear View LCD Monitor (1.04 Million Dots) for Improved Viewing.
- The EOS Rebel T2i has a high-resolution 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor that features 1.04 million dots/VGA for spectacular detail. It also has the same aspect ratio (3:2) as the camera's sensor, making for clear and easy Live View composition. An anti-reflective and water-repellant coating provides a clearer and more smudge-resistant surface and screen brightness can be adjusted in 7 steps in accordance with ambient light.
- Quick Control Screen Button for Easy Access to Frequently Used Settings
- The EOS Rebel T2i's refined button layout includes a dedicated button that directs the camera immediately to the Quick Control screen, where it's simple to navigate among any number of settings, including ISO, Exposure and Flash Exposure compensation, drive mode, white balance, image quality and more.
- Improved Layout With Dedicated Live View/Movie Shooting Button
- Without the need to navigate through a bunch of menus, the EOS Rebel T2i transitions effortlessly between still and movie mode. By pressing the Live View/Movie button, a situation that had required menu access with other cameras, still images can change to a movie shoot and vice versa. It's literally as simple as the press of a button.
- Compatibility With SDXC Memory Cards, Plus Menu Status Indicator for Eye-Fi* Support
The EOS Rebel T2i is compatible with both SDXC memory cards for greater storage capacity and with Eye-Fi SD cards, which are outfitted with a Wi-Fi transmitter (IEEE 802.11b/g) and internal antenna for wireless, high-speed transfer of images. With an Eye-Fi card installed, the EOS Rebel T2i can display the Eye-Fi's connection status and error notes with ease, for fully functional wireless uploading of images directly from the camera.
*Canon cameras are not guaranteed to support Eye-Fi card functions, including wireless transfer. In case of an issue with the Eye-Fi card, please consult with the card manufacturer. The use of Eye-Fi cards may not be available outside the United States and Canada, please contact the card manufacturer for territory availability.
- 3.7 FPS Continuous Shooting Up to Approximately 34 JPEGs or Approximately 6 RAW
- The EOS Rebel T2i can shoot up to 3.7 frames per second (fps) for up to approximately 6 consecutive RAW files or approximately 34 full-resolution JPEGs. Shooting at speeds of up to 1/4000 sec., the EOS Rebel T2i can capture even rapidly-unfolding scenes with ease.
- Compatible With the Full Line of Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
- The EOS Rebel T2i is compatible with all Canon lenses in the EF lineup, including compact and lightweight EF-S lenses, ranging from ultra-wide angle to super telephoto lenses. Canon lenses employ advanced optical expertise and micron-precision engineering to deliver outstanding performance and deliver beautiful results. Special technologies like the Canon Image Stabilizer technology in select lenses helps to minimize the effect of camera shake, effectively adding up to four stops of light. With a dizzying array of lenses perfect for travel, sports, still life and everything in between, photographers can truly maximize the quality and performance of their EOS Rebel T2i with superlative Canon optics.