Trying to pin down what kind of work the WXGA-Resolution Casio XJ-A240 DLP Data Projector does best is like playing Whack-a-Mole. Every time you think you've nailed it down, up pops another capability in a completely different scenario.
Let's start with the basics. With 2500 lumens of brightness at an 1800:1 contrast ratio it can project a brilliant image just about anywhere.
No matter what you use it for, you're going to love the crisp, vivid, saturated images its 0.65" Texas Instruments DLP DMD imaging chip creates.
They're illuminated by Casio's revolutionary mercury-free light source. It uses a hybrid laser-LED technology in which Casio is so confident they warrant it for three years or 6000 hours of use. (Its actual rated life is closer to 20,000 hours.) In an industry where 90 day lamp warranties are the norm, that's amazing. That represents safety and economy many a budget-strapped school district can appreciate.
But wait a second. This thing can do 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition and it has HDMI, component and RGB inputs. That's means it would make a great home theater projector. And its color, brightness and compatibility with every gaming console on the market underscores its abilities as a great gaming machine. No TV can match the thrill of playing on a screen that can be up to five feet across, measured diagonally.
Take a closer look at those specs. It can project in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM video standards, it's got a 10-language OSD (on-screen display) and it's got a power supply that handles from 100 to 240 volts. It also comes with its own case and weighs just five pounds. With international credentials like that this projector is a corporate road warrior's dream.
So you'll have to make up your own mind. Is it an education projector? Is it a home theater projector? Or is it a corporate projector? We think no matter what kind of projector you're looking for, the Casio XJ-A240 Data Projector will do an outstanding job for you.
- 2500 Lumens And an 1800:1 Contrast Ratio
- That's plenty of projection power for presentations in a large classroom, lecture hall or meeting room or watching a DVD or Blu-ray disc in your media room, even with a fair amount of ambient light.
- Casio Hybrid Light Source Saves You Money and Helps The Environment
- This technology is so revolutionary you can't even call it a "lamp". The A240 is not only mercury free, it's lamp free! The projector's patent pending Hybrid Light Source combines laser and LED technology for amazing high brightness and it can last up to 20,000 hours (it's warranted for a still amazing 6,000 hours). The A240 (or Green Slim as Casio likes to call it) is an earth-friendly, low maintenance projector that's economical to operate. It eliminates the need for short-life mercury lamps and the cost of their safe disposal.
- Superior Color And Consistent Brightness Means a Great Picture For Years To Come
- While the performance of conventional projector mercury lamps falls off visibly with increasing age, your A240 maintains consistent brightness and superior color. Combining long-life laser and LED technology the solid state light source output remains constantly brilliant producing brilliant, clear and impressive images throughout their whole 20,000-hour life.
- Internationally Operational
- With its 100 - 240V AC, power supply. 10-language OSD (on-screen display) and the ability to accept and project video in the NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, PAL-60 and SECAM standards this projector is a great choice no matter wherever you are. And with its small size, low weight (just five pounds) and included carry case it's easy to take with you where you're going.
- Software and Hardware Security
- You can password protect your A240 against unauthorized use and you can physically secure it with a Kensington-compatible lock (available separately).