The Oben AC-2320L 3-Section Aluminum Lateral Tripod is a sturdy, professional support for any DSLR, point-and-shoot camera, or a compact camcorder. With a load capacity of 17.6 lb and a generous maximum height of 68.4", the lateral tripod features a tilting, swiveling center column that enables infinitely flexible positioning for macro photography and other uses.
Engaging the lateral adjustment lever frees the tilting of the center column once it's been extended past the chassis, which becomes possible once you press a button at the column's bottom to disengage the safety bolt. Once thus extended, the column can tilt, with no ratcheting, from its original 0°, straight-up-and-down orientation all the way over to a 180° upside-down orientation – with possible stops everywhere in between, including a 90° lateral position. Twisting a knob on the chassis locks and unlocks the 360° swiveling of the center column and its upper collar.
The tripod's flip locks, which enable the extension and securing of the leg stages, are user-adjustable. By using a supplied Allen key, the user can tighten two points on each spring-loaded flip lock to safeguard their continued reliable performance.
With its anodized aluminum construction, the AC-2320L is ready to survive the rigors of professional work. The tripod chassis is cast aluminum for further durability.
When it's not being used in its lateral mode, the AC-2320L's rapid center column functions like you'd expect from any professional tripod, extending after a twist of the knob on the upper collar. For protecting your camera when the column is retracted quickly, there's a rubber damper under the center-post collar. Steel locking screws underneath the center-post collar enable you to fasten a camera head more securely.
Pull-in/push-out positive leg locks allow you to set the positions of the three legs independently at three different angles. This allows you to shoot from low angles or on uneven terrain. For stability on softer terrain, the AC-2320L features metal spikes that retract and emerge by twisting the foot's rubber portion.
- Center column travels throughout nearly a complete sphere of possible positioning, so you can take steady shots from virtually any angle
- Leg warmers on two legs mitigate the effects of extreme heat & cold and provide grip
- The two included Allen keys attach to a tripod leg, so you're always ready to tighten components
- Reversible 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 screw fits almost any head
- Bubble level on tripod chassis
- Center column is grooved to prevent its rotation within the upper collar
- Integrated aluminum loop for attaching a shoulder strap (not included) or a counterweight for added stability in windy conditions
- Rugged rubber tips with retractable spikes for shooting both indoors and outdoors on any terrain
- Included padded carry bag features dual heavy-duty zippers, an interior pocket, and extra room to accommodate a head