Canon's PowerShot S95 Digital Camera puts you in the driver's seat with this Italian sports car of a compact camera--lots of razzle-dazzle, backed up by prodigious engineering. Starting with an impressive 10.1MP sensor and the DIGIC 4 Image Processor; the S95 antes up an f/2.0-4.9 28-105mm (equivalent) zoom lens, an intuitive manual-control ring, and the superbly refined Hybrid IS 2-way image stabilization system. There's a slew of shooting modes to choose from, and RAW + JPEG capability too. The S95 delivers pretty much anything you might wish for in a compact digital camera--and a lot more.
Not only can you capture photos from ISO 80 up to ISO 3200, you can choose the degree of control you want (from total control to total automatic) over exposure, white balance, focus, and much more, from an extensive menu. You can automatically produce High Dynamic Range, panoramic, fisheye, low-light and many more specialized photos with built-in programs.
And you don't have to stop at still photographs: shoot gorgeous 720p HD video with stereo sound for up to 25 minutes--there's even a miniatures effect that blurs the top and bottom of the video frame, giving your subject the appearance of being miniatures.
The S95 is a simple point-and-shoot camera, and it's a serious image-making machine. You get to choose.
- 10.0 megapixel sensor combined with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor create Canon's HS SYSTEM for improved low light performance and better image quality.
- Shoot beautiful 720p HD video in stereo sound and play back on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- A fast f/2.0 lens, great for shooting portrait photography in low light conditions or using a shallow depth-of-field for great images with beautiful soft backgrounds.
- A control ring for intuitive manual control, built for the way the serious photographer has always accessed exposure control.
- A 3.8x optical zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer, plus a 28mm wide-angle lens gets you close to your subjects as well as capture more in your frame.
- Utilizes Canon's Hybrid IS to compensate for angular and shift camera shake during close-up shooting.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including RAW + JPEG for the ultimate creative control. Also, with 26 shooting modes including 18 special scene modes, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way.
- Smart AUTO--the camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- P (Program)--access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Tv (Shutter-priority)--you select the shutter speed to stop or blur action, and the camera finds the appropriate aperture. With slow exposure times, Canon's noise reduction system activates to ensure low image noise.
- Av (Aperture-priority)--you define the aperture to either isolate your subject or have clarity throughout the entire picture, and the camera will choose the corresponding shutter speed.
- M (Manual)--the ultimate in creative control, you set both aperture and shutter speed manually.
- C (Custom)--define and store your own settings to achieve the effects you prefer.
- Low Light--for high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly-lit situations.
- Portrait--the camera sets a large aperture, focusing the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject "pop."
- Landscape--for front to back sharpness, the camera sets a small aperture.
- Kids & Pets--reduced focusing time freezes fast-moving subjects, so you won't miss those special shots.
- Smart Shutter--the camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
- Super Vivid--intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect--combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent--choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap--select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
- High Dynamic Range--takes three shots, of the same scene, in different exposures in succession and combines all three images together to capture an image with flattering shadows and highlights. Tripod is required.
- Nostalgic--creates the look and feel of old photographs using sepia tones and saturation.
- Fisheye Effect--add a classic photo distortion without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect--give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Beach--get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
- Underwater--capture underwater images with reduced backscatter effect. (Note: Optional Waterproof Case WP-DC38 required for shooting any underwater images)
- Foliage--capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and blossoms.
- Snow--shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks--grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Stitch Assist--build awe-inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images
- Movie--shoot in HD (1280 x 720 at 24 fps) for up to 25 minutes and 8 seconds, or 4GB per clip. Shoot in VGA (640 x 480 at 30 fps) for up to 43 minutes and 43 seconds, or 4GB per clip, or QVGA (320 x 240 at 30 fps) for up to 1 hour, 58 minutes and 19 seconds, or 4GB per clip.