If you've always dreamed of owning a Leica (and really, who hasn't?), the Leica X1 Digital Compact Camera With Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 ASPH. Lens (Black) could make your dreams come true. The X1 looks like a real Leica, because it is a real Leica--lightweight (only 10 oz), compact (1.2 x 2.4 x 4.8") and equipped with a sharp, wide-angle 24mm (approximately 35mm equivalent) Leica Elmarit lens. But it's a modern Leica too, with a large 12.2 megapixel CMOS sensor in APS-C format (23.6 x 15.8mm), for picture quality usually found only in much larger DSLR cameras.
The CMOS sensor yields low noise levels for great low-light and indoor photography without a flash, high dynamic range and accurate color. The Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 ASPH non-interchangeable lens has 8 elements in 6 groups (1 Aspheric lens) with precise autofocus and automatic exposure for perfectly exposed, sharp images at the touch of the shutter button--or take control, and focus and expose your pictures the old-fashioned way--manually. The classic 35mm focal length gives you enough distance when you need it and also lets you to get in close to pick up the details.
A 2.7" LCD with 230,000 pixels and a 100% field of view, enables the Live Mode and precision focusing. You can also compose your pictures using the Leica 35mm viewfinder (optional) which fits into the accessory shoe on top of the camera body and saves battery power.
The camera records both JPEG and DNG file formats--registered owners can download a copy of Adobe Lightroom 4 to process the camera's DNG Raw files for even more creative control over your images.
- Large CMOS Sensor
- The X1 is built around a 12.2MP CMOS image sensor that's as large (23.6 x 15.8mm) as those in high-quality SLRs.
- The Leica Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 ASPH.
- The Leica Elmarit 24 mm f/2.8 ASPH. is a true Leica non-interchangeable lens with superior optical performance. When seen in terms of 35-mm film format, it has a focal length of 35mm.
- Complete Control
- In Automatic Mode, the camera takes control quickly providing settings for precise exposures. With analog-style manual controls, using the wheels on top of the camera, photographer can adjust shutter speed and aperture.
- 2.7" Display
- The bright 2.7" display of the X1 almost fills the entire back of the camera and reveals the finest details even in bright surroundings.
- Live View
- The live-view function replaces an optical viewfinder and shows an accurate preview with all essential image information. The Live Mode also makes the X1 particularly versatile for shots taken from unusual perspectives.
- Precision Autofocus
- The autofocus of the X1 provides fast, precision focusing enabling photographers a choice of 1 or 11 AF segments and an additional high-speed mode for each.
- Face Detection Technology
- When taking photos of people, face-recognition mode allows users complete concentration on the composition and framing of the picture.
- Universal Formats
- The X1 transforms image data into JPEG files for immediate use or photographers can choose to save images in the Adobe Digital Negative (DNG), a format that allows image-relevant exploitation of all the benefits of the recorded sensor data.
- Retractable Flash
- The LEICA X1 features a retractable flash, which serves as a main flash but can also be used as a fill-in flash and can be synchronized to the second shutter curtain. If more power and flexibility is required, the Leica SF 24D and SF 58 system flash units (not included) are also compatible.
- Workflow Solution
- With Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4, a professional digital workflow solution, also available as an online download free of charge for all Leica X1 customers. It helps keep files organized and can process the X1 DNG raw files.
- Precision Engineering
- Product of 100 years of German engineering experience.
- 2-Year International Warranty