The smc Pentax D FA 645 25mm f/4 AL (IF) SDM AW Lens is possibly the most awesome of any Pentax 645 lens--it has the widest perspective of them all, with a focal length equivalent to 19.5mm in 35mm format when mounted on the 645D (15.5mm when mounted on a Pentax 645 film body).
Besides the beautiful visual effects and enhanced depth of field from this ultra wide-angle, this lens provides the highest standards in construction and design. It has two high-performance aspherical optical elements for exceptional images, advanced lens coatings (including Aero Bright Coating for improved performance in backlight situations and SP (Super Protect) coating to repel dust, water and grease), and anti-reflection materials applied to the interior of the lens barrel. The construction is dustproof and weather-resistant for use in demanding environments--this lens is ready, willing and able to leave the studio and go out on location.
A built-in, pull-out filter holder in its barrel makes it easy to use the included circular polarizing filter for improved image control. An advanced SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) autofocus mechanism guarantees smooth, quiet autofocus operation (manual-focus operation only when the lens is mounted on the PENTAX 645N or PENTAX 645N II camera body), and a rounded 9-blade diaphragm delivers excellent bokeh in the out-of-focus areas in your images. High-quality aluminum machined parts are used for the lens barrel, hood and cap. A Quick-Shift focus system provides instant switching from auto to manual focusing. The lens hood is built-in, and diaphragm control is fully automatic. Awesome.
- Super-High-Resolution, Medium Format Digital SLR Lens
- Incorporating two high-performance aspherical optical elements in its optics, this ultra-wide-angle lens provides exceptional images with outstanding brightness levels even at the edges while compensating various aberrations to a minimum. Exclusive lens coatings are applied to optical elements, while anti-reflection materials are applied to the interior of the lens barrel. The results help maximize the potential of the PENTAX 645D medium-format digital SLR camera.
- Aero Bright Coating Improves Image Description in Backlight
- This lens is treated with PENTAX-original Aero Bright Coating to deliver higher quality images.
- Dependable Dustproof and Weather-Resistant Construction
- As the newest model of the dependable All Weather (AW) series, the lens features a highly dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with 11 special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of dust and water into the lens interior. Used with the PENTAX 645D camera body, the lens offers a durable, reliable digital imaging that performs superbly in demanding outdoor settings including rain, mist, or locations prone to water splashing or spray.
- Mountable Circular Polarizing Filter
- The lens features a built-in, pull-out-type filter holder in its barrel. By placing the C-PL (circular polarizing) filter (40.5mm in diameter and included as an exclusive accessory) on this holder, the user can easily rotate the filter to obtain the desired polarizing effect.
- Smooth, Quiet SDM Autofocus Operation
- Featuring an advanced SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) autofocus mechanism employing a supersonic motor installed inside the lens barrel, the lens assures smooth, quiet autofocus operation (manual-focus operation only when the lens is mounted on the PENTAX 645N or PENTAX 645N II camera body).
- Other Features
- -Image circle covering all of the image area of 645-format film SLR cameras -High-quality machined aluminum parts, including the lens barrel, hood and cap -Quick-Shift Focus system for instant switching to manual-focus operation, after the subject is captured in focus by the AF system -Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful "bokeh" (out-of-focus rendition), while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources -SP (Super Protect) coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel dust, water and grease