The WD 2TB My Passport Portable Hard Drive (Black) is your answer to sleek, 'future-proof' portability. With this bus-powered drive, you can have up to 5Gbps USB 3.0 speeds with complete backward compatibility with USB 2.0, allowing you to take full advantage of your drive immediately while still ensuring future usability. The drive is powered by the USB interface, so you need not tote around a power adapter.
As a few more advanced features, the drive can be password protected and encrypted. It includes software that can quietly tell the drive to backup the content on your computer. In addition, the included WD Drive Utilities software offers added drive info and management. If you need to store extra video, photo, music, or data files and want a high-capacity portable solution, check out this drive from WD.
- Fast Data Transfer Rates
- When connected to a USB 3.0 port My Passport lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Reduce transfer time by up to 3 times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates 1
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 Compatibility
- With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you're ready to step up to the next generation
- High-Capacity Small Design
- Offering up to 2 TB capacity in a compact drive, My Passport is the ideal companion for anyone with lots of videos, photos, music, and files that they want to help protect and take on the road
- Automatic, Continuous Backup Software
- You're in control of your backup. Install all the features, select just the components you need, or if you prefer, choose not to use the software at all. The software works quietly in the background to help protect your data using minimal PC resources. Whenever you add or change a file, it's instantly backed up
- WD Security
- WD Security utility allows you to set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to help protect your files from unauthorized use or access
- WD Drive Utilities
- Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities
- USB Powered
- Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed