If you're looking for a dependable, powerful flashlight, and you don't want to read a 20-page owner's manual in order to operate it, the E21 R4 LED Flashlight from Fenix is probably what you have in mind. The CREE LED throws out a high-intensity 170-lumen beam using just 2x AA batteries, with a second mode that delivers 54 lumens. The E21 is waterproof to 6.5', and impact resistant up to a 3.28' fall. It's constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum with an anti-abrasive Type III sulfuric acid hardcoat anodized finish. A high efficiency circuit maintains constant brightness in the beam.
At the maximum 170-lumen output, the runtime is 2.25 hours. At the lower 54-lumen output, output is 11 hours. Plus, there's a momentary-on function. If you happen to put your batteries in the wrong way, built-in protection prevents any damage to the circuit. That's it--a simple, highly efficient and powerful small flashlight that's easy to operate.
- Simple, easy-to-use practical outdoor flashlight with two power options plus a tactical switch with momentary-on function.
Maximum of 170 lumens, with 2.25-hour runtime
Second mode produces 54 lumens, with 11-hour runtime
- Produces 5200cd and a beam that travels approximately 475' (145 m)
- Waterproof to IPX-8 standard--6.5' depth, and impact resistant to 3.28' (1.0 m)
- Made of hard-anodized aircraft-grade aluminum
- CREE LED delivers a constant high-intensity beam
- Powered by 2x AA batteries and protected from accidental battery reversal