The D600 Digital Camera with 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR Lens Kit from Nikon features a full-frame 24.3MP FX-format CMOS sensor in a compact body and a wide angle to telephoto zoom lens that covers almost all shooting situations. With the full-sized sensor also comes a powerful engine; the EXPEED 3 processing system enables features such as 5.5 fps continuous shooting at full resolution. Compact as it is, the D600 still provides a 3.2" LCD monitor.
The AF-S 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens included with the D600 camera body is a zoom lens that can capture everything from wide-angle to ultra telephoto, allowing the photographer to shoot to their heart's content from day one. It features a 9-blade rounded diaphragm, three aspherical lens elements, two extra-low dispersion ED elements, Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor, Vibration Reduction (VR II) image stabilization system and fast, quiet internal focusing. This lens kit also includes a DSLR/Laptop bag and a Class 10 32GB SDHC Memory Card.
The D600 camera body has features that allow the camera to stretch for the photographer's needs. Such features include a wide ISO range of 100-6400, expandable to 50-25600. This allows shots to be captured in a variety of lighting situations, from low-light to bright, with minimal image noise. The camera also has 39 focus points for wide-area AF coverage in both still and HD video capture.
Other ways that the D600 enables the photographer to focus on the job at hand include Nikon's well-known metering and onboard intelligence. The camera uses the company's intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II for beautiful, high-definition images. This metering takes into account brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors for accurate, balanced photos. The i-TTL flash, auto white balance, subject tracking, and fast autofocus are all assets of the D600.
The D600 is an HDSLR, featuring 1080p HD video capture. Selectable frame rates include 30/25/24p at the highest resolution and 30/25/24p at 720p. Other useful features at the photographer's disposal for shooting movies include manual exposure control, full-time AF with face-priority, dedicated inputs for a stereo mic and headphones, and Simultaneous Live View.
The Nikon D600 is compatible with F-mount NIKKOR interchangeable lenses (both FX and DX-format), giving the photographer a wealth of options. Additionally, the camera can be used with Nikon's WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter for wireless transfer of images to a smartphone or tablet. The adapter can even be used for remotely capturing images with the D600 using the compatible app.
- Compact Full-Frame HDSLR
- Full-frame, high-resolution performance is available in a compact, affordable HDSLR - the D600. The camera's 24.3MP FX-format CMOS sensor captures every detail with lifelike sharpness. Its EXPEED 3 processing system manages all that data with speed and accuracy, enabling up to 5.5 frames-per-second (fps) continuous shooting at full resolution. The camera also features a fast power-up (0.13 seconds) and minimal shutter release lag (0.052 seconds). Low-light performance provides crystal clear images from ISO 100 to 6400, expandable down to 50 and up to 25,600 for extreme situations.
- AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 ED VR Lens Included
The D600 body comes bundled with an all-purpose AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 ED VR Lens:
FX and DX Format
Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs. DX-format D-SLR angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 42-450mm in FX/35mm format.
Three Aspherical Lens Elements
This is another unique Nikon innovation, which virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberration, further improving image integrity
Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Element
Two ED element offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration - even at the widest aperture settings.
Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
M/A (Manual/Auto) Focus Mode Switch
This NIKKOR lens features a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens.
Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation
With a close range focus, you'll be able to focus to 18" (45.7 cm) at every focal length.
Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
Nikon VR II(Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization, which is tailored to each lens, enables handheld shooting at up to four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible for dramatically sharper images and HD videos - even in low light
All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the non-extending lens barrel, which allows for a more compact, lightweight construction - as well as a closer focusing distance
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
The rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings.
- Nikon DSLR/Laptop Shoulder Bag and Memory Card Included
- Included with the camera and lens is a sturdy Nikon DSLR/Laptop Shoulder bag with padded spacers for a DSLR camera, lenses and accessories and dedicated laptop compartment. Also included is a SanDisk Class 10 32GB SDHC Memory Card. With the supplied items in this kit, all you need to do is charge the battery and you are ready to shoot.
- Highly Accurate AF System for Superior Sharpness
- The D600 has 39 focus points that provide wide-area AF coverage and offer seemingly endless compositional possibilities. The 9 cross-type sensors and 7 center focus points work all the way down to f/8.0 for extended AF functionality with teleconverters and long-reach lenses. When shooting photos or HD video in Live View, Nikon's responsive contrast-detect AF activates for accurate full time auto focusing
- Metering and Onboard Intelligence
- The D600 delivers consistently beautiful still images and HD videos, thanks to Nikon's intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II. Its 2,016 pixel RGB sensor evaluates every scene, taking into account brightness, contrast, subject distance and the scene colors, all within the time it takes to press the shutter release button. That data is then referenced against an onboard image database for consistently accurate exposures, auto white balance, i-TTL flash and subject-tracking autofocus performance
- Cinema-Quality HD Video Projects
- Shoot 1080p HD videos with selectable frame rates of 30p, 25p or 24p and MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression. Bend time with 720p HD at 60p, 50p or 30p for ultra-smooth video playback of fast moving subjects, or create slow-motion footage during post processing. Maintain your creative vision with manual exposure control, full-time AF with face-priority and subject tracking, dedicated inputs for a stereo mic and headphones, still image exporting, and much more. Enhance all that with the dramatic perspectives and depth-of-field control of NIKKOR interchangeable lenses
- Share Images Easily with the WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter
- Using the optional WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter, users can automatically send great pictures to their smartphone or tablet and even remotely capture images from the D600. With its simple app, now when you can't wait to share that great image, you don't have to. Share it to your smartphone or tablet in an instant