DxO ViewPoint is a photo editing software package that allows you to correct keystoning and deformed proportions along the edges of your photos easily. It works especially well with photos taken with a wide-angle lens, which usually has distorted edges in photos. ViewPoint also provides the Loupe tool so you can precisely place your anchor points so that slider settings are accurate at all zoom levels to help you achieve the best possible corrections.
ViewPoint can be used as a standalone application or be used as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. ViewPoint is compatible with Mac and PC computers.
A free automatic upgrade to Viewpoint 2 is available for a limited time.
- Fix Keystoning
- This feature helps you restore a natural look to your landscape, architectural and urban photos. Specify the lines you want to straighten out and ViewPoint will correct them automatically. You can also use the advanced settings to refine the corrections. Recreate the original shapes of buildings. Converge vertical and horizontal lines so they become parallel while unnatural-looking facades regain their normal appearance
- Correct Distortions of People in Photos
- People can get distorted in photos taken indoors when there isn't enough distance between the photographer and the subject. ViewPoint allows you to restore the natural proportions of the people on the edges of your photos with just one click. ViewPoint automatically corrects stretched-out faces or distorted body shapes that can occur when shooting with a wide-angle lens (also known as "volume anamorpohsis")
- Straighten the Horizon
- Restore equilibrium and authenticity to your photos by straightening out an unintentionally tilted horizon. The natural visual cues are put back in their proper place and your eyes can once again enjoy an image with a precisely-leveled horizon line. Conversely, you can use this tool to creatively change the orientation of the horizon to produce a dynamic or calming effect, according to your own preference
- Modify the Angle of Your Shot
- ViewPoint lets you fine-tune the position of your camera even after you've already taken the photo. Virtually shift the angle at which you shot your photo. The shift point of view tool lets you change your shooting angle in post-production so that it is perfectly in line with the image you want to produce. You can reposition your camera vertically as well as horizontally
- Automatically Crop Your Photos
- ViewPoint allows you to keep the maximum of the visible field in your photos regardless of the corrections you apply. You can correct keystoning, straighten the horizon and shift the point of view while the automatic cropping feature systematically optimizes the visible field. You can also manually correct the crop using a standard or customized ratio to highlight what you want. Use the composition grid and the Loupe tool to adjust your corrections with precision
- ViewPoint Plays Nice with Wide-Angle Lens
- ViewPoint gives harmonious proportions to the subjects in your group photos taken with a wide-angle lens. Use the Volume Anamorphosis tool to automatically correct the distortions on the edges of your images. All the subjects in your photos will appear properly balanced and well-proportioned
- Use as a Standalone Application or a Plugin
- Directly apply corrections to your photos using ViewPoint as a standalone application. Launch ViewPoint, open the photos you want to change and make your corrections in just a few clicks. If you would rather streamline your work environment, you can open ViewPoint as a plugin in Photoshop and Lightroom. To do so, simply open an image in either Photoshop or Lightroom, then launch ViewPoint directly from the Filters menu in Photoshop or from the Photo menu in Lightroom