The ATIV Book 9 Plus NP940X3G-K01US Multi-Touch 13.3" Ultrabook Computer from Samsung features a 13.3" QHD+ LED-backlit display and a large 3200 x 1800 native resolution, resulting in 275 pixels per inch (ppi). The display is also a capacitive touchscreen with 10-point touch support so you'll be able to utilize all the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8. Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, it supports 1080p Full HD content natively without upscaling. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port or using Intel Wireless Display (WiDi).
The system is powered by a dual-core 4th generation Haswell 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-4200U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 128GB solid state drive, a 3-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet (via the included dongle), 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), an integrated webcam and dual array microphones. There are also built-in stereo speakers with high definition audio support.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus
- 13.3" QHD+ LED-Backlit Capacitive Touchscreen
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus has a 13.3" LED-backlit display with an enormous 3200 x 1800 native resolution. With 275 pixels per inch (ppi), you'll be able to experience sharp text, detailed picture quality and vibrant color. The screen is also a 10-point capacitive touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize all the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8. The screen is also made of Corning Gorilla Glass for added durability and scratch resistance. Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, you'll be able to play 1080p Full HD content natively. You can also output video to an external display via the micro-HDMI port
- Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus houses a Haswell Intel Core i5-4200U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.6GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.6GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The fourth generation Haswell processor uses low voltage, which provides better battery life. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the dual cores into 4 virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking
- Intel Wireless Display
- The 13.3" QHD+ LED-backlit widescreen display works great while on the road, but the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus also lets you stream content to your HDTV wirelessly. With built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) technology in the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus, you can view all your photos and videos wirelessly on an Intel WiDi compatible external display. You can also use displays without built-in Intel WiDi technology by using an optional TV adapter, such as the Netgear Push2TV (sold separately). Experience all your content in full 1080p HD on your big-screen HDTV
- Stay Connected
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus utilizes 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi so you'll be able to connect to wireless networks with ease. Bluetooth 4.0 technology is also included, which allows you to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and accessories. You can also use a wired 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet connection with the included dongle
- Samsung SuperBright Technology
- The display of this ATIV Book 9 Plus is capable of achieving a brightness of 350 nits. The display's high brightness allow this ATIV Book 9 to be used in brightly lit environments that produce glare, such as outdoors in sunlight
- USB 3.0
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus features USB 3.0, which has a high speed data transfer rate of 5Gbps. That's 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 standard. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you can still use your USB 2.0-compliant devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it